• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Kaleb Smith will play WR at Wake, I know some people were asking!

Cool, that's kind of what I was thinking based on his highlights. Bummer about bresnahan. He would have been the perfect replacement for cam. Maybe the staff kind find an emerging TE in their senior season. I still feel like finding a receiving threat TE is very important for this class. While whiteheart probably has a lot of promise, I think he looks more like a blocking TE. Since we didn't get any TE's last year, I'd bet we take another this year.

I wonder if Kam Uter will consider playing college football at some point. It looks like his pro baseball career has not progressed so well to date. if I recall, he was a big WR. Perhaps he can be a pass catching TE in a few years?

I wonder if Kam Uter will consider playing college football at some point. It looks like his pro baseball career has not progressed so well to date. if I recall, he was a big WR. Perhaps he can be a pass catching TE in a few years?

kinda doubt he'd be going back to college at this point

Yeah. This is his fourth season in the minors. He's 21 years old.

One of the more difficult things to do in sports is hit a good breaking ball. If he can't do that, he'll never sniff the majors. If he isn't in at least AA or AAA level by now, he probably won't make it to the show.

One of the more difficult things to do in sports is hit a good breaking ball. If he can't do that, he'll never sniff the majors. If he isn't in at least AA or AAA level by now, he probably won't make it to the show.

He's at Great Lakes, a low A Dodgers affiliate, with an ERA of 27.00 in 1 appearance.

If Uter quits baseball (or baseball quits Uter), would think that he would at least consider college as the next step even at 21 or 22. That said, not sure if he would want to play football, but there have been many former baseball players that have played college football at that age or older: Wienke, Weeden, Quincy Carter, James Casey (TE Rice, played in the NFL, played 3 years of pro baseball out of HS), Josh Booty (Marlins, then LSU, then USC). There are many others.

I think he would consider college. I'm not sure he would consider Wake. Unless he has stayed really in love with MSD and the staff, I think he'd go somewhere a 21 or 22 year old freshman wouldn't be too out of place.

2018 Wake Forest Football Recruiting- Kaleb Smith commits to Wake

Weaver will be 26 in August. I had no idea. He graduated HS in 2010 and enrolled in 2013. What did he do in-between? His bio suggest he was trying to get a college scholarship since he just started kicking as a senior.

I think he would consider college. I'm not sure he would consider Wake. Unless he has stayed really in love with MSD and the staff, I think he'd go somewhere a 21 or 22 year old freshman wouldn't be too out of place.

I forget how much money Kam got for signing 3/4 years ago. To then get a scholarship for an annual $65k - on top of that - he's sitting in a sweet spot. I hope he realizes it and has fun playing college football, while having the true college student-life experience he never got.

I forget how much money Kam got for signing 3/4 years ago. To then get a scholarship for an annual $65k - on top of that - he's sitting in a sweet spot. I hope he realizes it and has fun playing college football, while having the true college student-life experience he never got.

Guys signing through the MLB draft after high school get some money from the MLB scholarship plan too. I don't think it's a huge amount, but it is part of the standard first year player contract signed after the draft.

Kam got a $200K signing bonus as a 12th round pick.

Noticed that two of the candidates for the RB spot visited this week. Mataeo Durant and Caleb Steward. Both are also being heavily recruited by Duke and Virginia Tech.

Back