• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Yeah. I thought so too.

(Miss Raynor would have plenty of red marks on this)

Can't forget the probably apocryphal story about one math professor.

First day of class he would ask by show of hands, who had Mrs. Raynor for English. He would then say, " Those are going to be the A's in this class. That will even things out for the grade my wife will be giving you."

Last edited:
WF FB Recuriting Twitter seems to indicate something else has happened. See 51 minutes ago from this post.

All I see is this:

How many Olineman are we planning on taking this year?

At least 4 is my guess. We graduate 3 and 2 of the redshirt juniors have not even gotten a mention in any conversations and got few and no meaningful snaps so expect they will graduate early. So likely 5 spots to be filled. Looking at that and only 2 (counting Gordon grey shirt) in last year's class, would expect 4 at a minimum. They could also entertain a grad transfer next season if they don't want too many in one class like we have in the sophomore group.

How large do we expect the class to be?

We have 13 commits, more than all but 7 programs.

I guess the Northwestern moneyball recruiting algorithm is working.

I trust the staff to fine tune the algorithm. Post a few above makes it sound like there were "misses" with O-line guys. Need to figure out reasons.

It seems to be working well for wide receivers.

I was just relaying what I was told. I was not given a name.

Wonder if it could be this guy, not committed but could see how there might be some confusion:

https://247sports.com/player/zach-frazier-46047960/

The Decision Coming Soon, But WVU Might Be No. 2
Fairmont (WV) Senior lineman Zach Frazier told me again this week that his decision could be coming in the next couple of weeks. "Early summer," as he put it. Stanford was considered the one team that could pull him out of his home state. Then Virginia Tech offered, and the Hokies feel confident, too. Even sources in Wake Forest feel they're a real contender. I still remember talking to him and his father when he got his offer last summer, and the look on his face was something I see so rarely - I was certain he'd be a Mountaineer. It's been a long time since then, so it's certainly possible that his opinion on things has changed.

Wonder if it could be this guy, not committed but could see how there might be some confusion:

https://247sports.com/player/zach-frazier-46047960/

The Decision Coming Soon, But WVU Might Be No. 2
Fairmont (WV) Senior lineman Zach Frazier told me again this week that his decision could be coming in the next couple of weeks. "Early summer," as he put it. Stanford was considered the one team that could pull him out of his home state. Then Virginia Tech offered, and the Hokies feel confident, too. Even sources in Wake Forest feel they're a real contender. I still remember talking to him and his father when he got his offer last summer, and the look on his face was something I see so rarely - I was certain he'd be a Mountaineer. It's been a long time since then, so it's certainly possible that his opinion on things has changed.

He has a solid offer list so it looks like he’d be a good one.
Our coaches must think so too.

Back