• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Cade Carney has a younger brother class of 22 who looks to be pretty explosive.

Cade Carney has a younger brother class of 22 who looks to be pretty explosive.

My crystal ball says he will be the first commit of the class of 22 and he'll be a great recruiter and player for us.

My crystal ball says he will be the first commit of the class of 22 and he'll be a great recruiter and player for us.

Yeah Tate committed here already and is huge for a high school running back. Once he gets into the Wake Forest weight room, he could just blow up.

And if wrong and the metrics don’t end up above last year sportswriters shouldn’t be too sure that the 2020 recruits are actually less talented than 2019 because DC&C have shown they can identify talent for their system better than others do.

This. By this point I trust this staff’s ability to identify impact players.

Davie County wasn't good this year, but Carney by the end of the year was tearing it up. This was against the 4A state champs East Forsyth.

Carney, who looks utterly big-time as a freshman, was mighty impressive. He plowed through the teeth of a loaded box 24 times for 149 yards. He ran or passed (he completed 1 of 2 passes) for 12 of Davie’s first downs, with Robinson picking up the other three.
After Carney and Robinson carried the ball six straight times in a series late in the third, Carney attempted his first pass of the season, fooling the defense with a play fake and hitting a wide-open Adrian Cranfill for a 22-yard TD that made it 35-14.
With 171 rushing/passing yards, Carney accounted for 87 percent of Davie’s output (196 yards). Robinson added 35 rushing yards, finishing the year at 962. Summers completed three passes.

Cade is one of my all-time favorite Wake players. It is so good to have a guy who runs to hurt people! If his brother is anything like him, I hope to see him in a WF uniform.

Last edited:
That was 3 years ago. He was a 7th grader.

The kid had over 500 receiving and over 500 rushing as a freshman playing 4A varsity football on a bad team. I don't care if he runs upright, backwards or skips.

When did he commit and how did you hear? Thank you in advance.

I can't recall if it was Tate himself or Cade that said it back in February, right after Tate got the offer from Wake. Either way one of them said he was going to come to Wake. I'm guessing since its not on social media its not official, but I would bet on him being at Wake Forest

I can't recall if it was Tate himself or Cade that said it back in February, right after Tate got the offer from Wake. Either way one of them said he was going to come to Wake. I'm guessing since its not on social media its not official, but I would bet on him being at Wake Forest

I haven't seen anything official and Les didn't mention that he committed in his article, so I don't think its public or official.
However, like you, I would bet big bucks that he comes to Wake to continue the Carney Legacy.

I would bet most of us expect him to come to Wake, official or not.

Wow. They grow'd 'em fast in the Carney household. That 7th grader looked like a high school linebacker.

Back