• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Safety Zion Keith committed to Wake. I'll post more info shortly.

New safety commit Zion Keith

Geese Geese with the SCOOP

Canadian-Goose-e1459730249906.jpg

Here are my notes on new commit Zion Keith:

Likely a corner. 9 INTs last season, plus three forced fumbles. Impressed at Clemson’s camp last June. UCF offered last week. He attended South Carolina’s Junior Day in Columbia recently. Visited both Coastal Carolina and App State during last season.

Had offers from UCF and South Carolina. Big time pickup. Love the start to the 18 class!

Had offers from UCF and South Carolina. Big time pickup. Love the start to the 18 class!

UCF and SC State. It's early in the cycle though and other schools like South Carolina were clearly looking at him.

Orangeburg is basically the SEC so that counts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bump this back up top for the Mike Edwards commit!

Can we get this thread tacked?

Edwards look like a really great pickup. Huge kid. Lots of ACC offers. From what I can tell the UNC offer was committable. UNC had led in his recruitment as recently as January. Wake offered back in June. UNC and NCSU offered shortly after. UVA and VT look like they offered more recently. Edwards is one of those rare recruits that doesn't have a Twitter account, so it's hard to gather too much info on his recruitment.

Les and Scout have a free article here: http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1759634-massive-ot-edwards-commits-to-wake-forest?s=192

The Peddie School is a private institution with high academics and $$$- and apparently good football players. Seems like a good fit for Wake-did not see Wake mentioned there although lots of ACC offers- kind of surprised.

NJ is a wealth of football talent. Programs like Don Bosco look like college teams. The BIG10 schools, Syracuse, and BC have historically dominated recruiting in the state. Rutgers has no chance at retaining elite in-state talent when a kid gets an offer from the likes of Penn St.

That is a big kid! I see he was a Jr. day visitor.

Edwards look like a really great pickup. Huge kid. Lots of ACC offers. From what I can tell the UNC offer was committable. UNC had led in his recruitment as recently as January. Wake offered back in June. UNC and NCSU offered shortly after. UVA and VT look like they offered more recently. Edwards is one of those rare recruits that doesn't have a Twitter account, so it's hard to gather too much info on his recruitment.

Les and Scout have a free article here: http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1759634-massive-ot-edwards-commits-to-wake-forest?s=192

"He's changed the program and is doing a great job," Edwards said. "I like his his enthusiasm and energy.
"I really feel like he's got the program going in the right direction and I'm excited about having the opportunity to play for him."

Exactly what you want a kid to say.

Puts us at #7 in ACC crootin' rankings to date. Would be great to have a top 10 ACC class this year and I think it's doable

Exactly the type of OL recruit we have been lacking the last year. Really excited about this one!

"He's changed the program and is doing a great job," Edwards said. "I like his his enthusiasm and energy.
"I really feel like he's got the program going in the right direction and I'm excited about having the opportunity to play for him."

Exactly what you want a kid to say.

Dave Clawson > Wes Miller

Back