• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Sure sounded like he was all set to go to UCLA until he realized mom and dad couldn't easily come to see him play.

Reminds of playing dynasty on NCAA Football when you got a last minute commit from a kid who listed Location as a preference.

Not a big deal, but it says on the profile there was no Northwestern offer.

I saw that and wondered if the "Northwestern" algorithm that we and Northwestern both use for recruiting recommended not offering. I think the algorithm heavily weights location as a factor in the likelihood of acceptance.

I saw that and wondered if the "Northwestern" algorithm that we and Northwestern both use for recruiting recommended not offering. I think the algorithm heavily weights location as a factor in the likelihood of acceptance.

I don’t doubt you, but I’m just wondering if everything else for a recruit lined up except the location, what would be the harm in offering?

I’m sure the algorithm calculates that. How? I don’t know. I’m guessing they estimate based on whether or not kids from that area typically come to N.C. or out of state at all. The rule is probably different for a kid from CA or TX rather than a kid from a Midwest school without any P5 competition outside the Big Ten.

The harm would be devoting limited recruiting resources that goes along with the offer. Just putting the offer out there without follow up recruiting is the antithesis (i.e. blanket the class with offers and see what sticks) of the NW recruiting algorithm. I had the same reaction as DeacDaddy at first but then realized that the algorithm probably said no chance of success without follow up recruiting and very little chance of success even if you did devote resources to f/u recruiting. In that case, why make the offer?

So you can say you’re recruiting with the big dogs, look at all these high ranked guys with Wake offers #manning

We need to get back to updates on Friday night performances by our recruits' teams. Of course that is going to be easier now that we stop playing on Fridays.

Three Shrine Bowl players for NC. Loaded at RB for the foreseeable future with a power back and a speedster.

Two Shrine Bowl WRs last year. Two Shrine Bowl RBs this year.

Would love to see a couple of stud ol and a big dt to round out our recruiting. Clawson is killing it with the skill positions.

We already have 4 OLs and 4 DLs committed. Probably will be 1 more WR and 1 LB or S.

I understand, but 3 of the dl are de's and the ol are not that big, of course I'm sure they will gain weight. I would just love a 315 stud dt.

We really should have a commitment stat update thread like we've had in previous seasons. The numbers Cooley are putting up alone are worth it.

Nice write up on 247 for one of our 2021 targets QB Santino Marcucci:

Jupiter (Fla.) The Benjamin School QB Santino Marucci

- Quarterback is a production business and few in the state, regardless of class, are firing on all cylinders like the junior has been out of the gates. A good athlete who can make plays in the pocket or on the move, he has proved accurate and hasn't been afraid to push the ball downfield with success. He has helped his team to an undefeated mark so far in 2019, showing more diverse releases with constant zip on the football. Decisive and quick through progressions, Marucci is now the No. 1 pro-style passer in the state and could challenge for top prospect at the position before all is said and done. He has combined for 12 touchdowns in about eight quarters of action as a junior. A handful of programs have offered Marucci, including Kentucky, Wake Forest and Nebraska.

Nice write up on 247 for one of our 2021 targets QB Santino Marcucci:

Jupiter (Fla.) The Benjamin School QB Santino Marucci

- Quarterback is a production business and few in the state, regardless of class, are firing on all cylinders like the junior has been out of the gates. A good athlete who can make plays in the pocket or on the move, he has proved accurate and hasn't been afraid to push the ball downfield with success. He has helped his team to an undefeated mark so far in 2019, showing more diverse releases with constant zip on the football. Decisive and quick through progressions, Marucci is now the No. 1 pro-style passer in the state and could challenge for top prospect at the position before all is said and done. He has combined for 12 touchdowns in about eight quarters of action as a junior. A handful of programs have offered Marucci, including Kentucky, Wake Forest and Nebraska.

Benjamin is a nice, private high school in northern Palm Beach county. Kid would be easily acclimated to Wake, but not sure about the level of competition He's not playing the powerhouse programs down there like Palm Beach Lakes, Atlantic, etc. Sounds like a nice player though.

Back