• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

According to 247 Wake is his only P5 offer

Yeah "big time? Little hyperbole there when you see he has no power 5 offers other than from us and no stars on Scout or Rivals. We have to do better than players with offers only from the likes of WKU, Samford, Jacksonville State, Fordham and Mercer. :noidea:

Last edited:
Yeah "big time? Little hyperbole there when you see he has no power 5 offers other than from us and no stars on Scout or Rivals. We have to do better than players with offers only from the likes of WKU, Samford, Jacksonville State, Fordham and Mercer. :noidea:

I feel that way a lot and it's hard not to. We do have a stud in Jessie Bates and he had one offer, where he committed, to Toledo. I thought we were desperate when we went after him when we lost the 4 star safety flip to Minnesota. Iowa offered Bates a couple days before signing day. for his only other P5 offer. That is all for his offers, 3 total including us. Cortez Lewis only had Minnesota as his other P5 offer and it was in October. So it is still early and Greer could very well pick up more P5 offers as the summer and season go forward and if they sense that he's open to discussion. Let's hope he's another under the radar Jessie Bates or Cortez Lewis.

That's how you build a program. Have a good eye and capitalize on under the radar talent and then take advantage when you have success.

7-6 isn't going to turn your recruiting class into all high 3 star guys with multiple P5 offers.

I'm usually also a little skeptical when we take commits with such little interest from other P5 programs, but after having watched his hudl highlights, the athleticism and ability to make open field tackles are both apparent. Looks like a big hitter too. While I'm no expert and these are highlights (which obviously make the player look great), I'm actually optimistic on this one. I think this guy will/would have gotten more P5 offers toward the end of this recruiting cycle.

That's how you build a program. Have a good eye and capitalize on under the radar talent and then take advantage when you have success.

7-6 isn't going to turn your recruiting class into all high 3 star guys with multiple P5 offers.

I agree with Chris-- all the evidence we have points to Clawson and staff being good at evaluating talent. So until they regress to Grobe standards, I'll have faith they know what they are doing

RB Caleb Steward cut his list to two: VT and USF. So with Whatley committed to GT and steward eliminating wake, Mateo Durant appears to be our only big time running back prospect available (at least that I am aware of). Really hope we can beat out Duke and Vt for him.

I'm usually also a little skeptical when we take commits with such little interest from other P5 programs, but after having watched his hudl highlights, the athleticism and ability to make open field tackles are both apparent. Looks like a big hitter too. While I'm no expert and these are highlights (which obviously make the player look great), I'm actually optimistic on this one. I think this guy will/would have gotten more P5 offers toward the end of this recruiting cycle.

+1 He is in a 5A league and has had some honors, IIRC,. His hi-lites showed a real nose for the football, tackles and interceptions. I'm no guru on talent, but he looked real good to me.

Don't sweat it with our RB choices. Right now there is a rising HS senior who is waiting for his chance to shine. Remember Waydale had to wait his turn, and we went back into Texas to get him. I trust this staff to find the right kid for the program.

:thumbsup: In Claws we trust!

Claws brought us a bowl game victory over a ranked team last season. The future is bright.

:thumbsup: In Claws we trust!

Claws brought us a bowl game victory over a ranked team last season. The future is bright.

Yep. I think that's the reason why I'm not as into recruiting this year as last year. Clawson has earned my trust. I don't feel like I need to sweat recruiting. Probably that and he got a lot of early commits.

Please don't start with that. The same was said about Grobe and look where we ended up.

Our worry shouldn't be that he'll head to the golf course, our worry should be that he'll head to the Big Ten.

We're in decent shape right now at RB. We can afford to be selective.

Doofus (!) should realize that WF can never afford to be complacent. The historical tendency at all levels and sports at Wake is to let success go to our heads and stop evaluating the job being done. It's repeated time and again. Well, at least when we manage to be successful in something lol.

I mean it's pretty silly to not be a little concerned that we haven't capitalized on our momentum in this class so far. Zero top 600 recruits, and zero top 50 players at their position, other than Hartman at 25.

Meanwhile, Vandy has 6 players in the top 600, Duke 4, and Northwestern 6.

Win games, Win respect on the trail. If our guys can play our system better than the other guys can play theirs, we'll win games and win over recruits.

I mean it's pretty silly to not be a little concerned that we haven't capitalized on our momentum in this class so far. Zero top 600 recruits, and zero top 50 players at their position, other than Hartman at 25.

Meanwhile, Vandy has 6 players in the top 600, Duke 4, and Northwestern 6.

Are you using Rank By Offers? That site is way off on almost all of the info that i've looked at. I like how you guys class is coming into shape.

Back