• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Why are we spending resources recruiting two different 3-star running backs from Memphis who want to go to school close to home ? Do we have a Memphis pipeline ?

That is where Walker is from

We obviously have a contact there. It might be Clawson’s third cousin or a local coach who attended WF. That’s how recruiting works, you know. Manning has a contact in Chicago and we must have had one in the Bronx to get Massoud. And my Mayberry pipeline helped get us James Brim and Donavon Greene (kidding).

We obviously have a contact there. It might be Clawson’s third cousin or a local coach who attended WF. That’s how recruiting works, you know. Manning has a contact in Chicago and we must have had one in the Bronx to get Massoud. And my Mayberry pipeline helped get us James Brim and Donavon Greene (kidding).

Torry Johnson's dad coaches at Watson's school, and Randolph Childress recruited Massoud and Mucius from the PSA Cardinals AAU where he is in good with the coach. Coach Hunter is the football coach who does the Memphis area.

Tyler Berrong, LB from Port Orange, (Daytons Beach area) Florida, committed to USF, has a decent offer list (19 schools) including multiple ACC teams, multiple B1G teams and others. He had an offer and Crystal ball to Florida before his August commit to USF.

He has good size at 6-2, 220. Composite 0.8668. Three stsr. #53 ranked linebacker, top 100 FL.

Would be a good flip.

You'd think but he was previously committed to USF, so he's spurned big time programs before. I don't we go after him. I think Williams will be our slot in this class.

I would prefer Wake goes after the linebacker who held a Wake offer before he committed to USF.

You'd think but he was previously committed to USF, so he's spurned big time programs before. I don't we go after him. I think Williams will be our slot in this class.

He also got offers from Wm & Mary, Duke, and Vandy.

Manny Walker entered transfer portal.

Wow. That is surprising as thought he was a key piece @ DE especially given expectation Boogie is gone. Unless he just felt he was not going to get the time he wanted with Shamar and Jacorey getting more PT?? Or struggling academically or not enjoying WF?

Hopefully no other surprises from players who are actually getting some valuable PT.

He was honored on senior day so he’s probably not struggling academically.

Yea, he's getting his degree, which is what we want for our players. Can't blame him at all. Got a bachelor's and a possible chance at playing somewhere 2 years and getting a masters for free.

Hope we can get another WR commit since we are losing Jones and have only one wideout in the class (plus a Dortchesque slot).

Thinking about it more, I'd be surprised if we lose Jones. There's not going to be a huge market for a guy with 5 career catches who has to sit out to play one year. He could come back here and be in the rotation next year and leave as a grad transfer. Unless he's completely unhappy at Wake or wants to transfer to FCS, he definitely should stay.

Thinking about it more, I'd be surprised if we lose Jones. There's not going to be a huge market for a guy with 5 career catches who has to sit out to play one year. He could come back here and be in the rotation next year and leave as a grad transfer. Unless he's completely unhappy at Wake or wants to transfer to FCS, he definitely should stay.

Depends on what Jones is looking for. Agree that top 10 schools aren't going to be fighting for him, but if he wants to go to a solid Group 6 school (like home state SMU), they would love to have Waydale.

Plus we can use his scholarship to bring in a 4-star OL.

Back