• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Sorry if this is Haas, but according to 247 sports, WF received a commitment from HS Class of 2020 -- WR Justice Ellison today. He is Flint Hill School in Oakton, VA (same school as current WF frosh Trey Rucker). He is 5-10 190 and runs a 4.4. JE's other offers were from Army, Coastal, Fordham and G'town: https://247sports.com/player/justice-ellison-46055012/

So, our prior early QB commit changed his mine. If this is really our first choice at QB, let's hope we can hang on to him.

Santino was our #1 choice for 2021, Clark was the QB who changed his mind but for the 2019 class and we ended up with Kern.

If I remember correctly, we got the commit from Kern a week or two after Clark decommitted.

Clawson has a good track record of getting QB commits after we "unexpectedly" lose a QB.

Conor - I was thinking that Ellison was more likely a CB than a receiver.

Good point, I would be happy to proven wrong. At this point CB is a complete unknown beyond Ja'Sir Taylor; will be interesting in the spring to see if Isaiah Essissima or Tyriq Hardimon become playable.

Getting a 5-10 CB would go against Clawson's directive to get bigger CBs -- but if they really like him at CB, they'll make exceptions.

But slot isn't really in that much better of a place. Jaquarii Roberson has been a really good camp player and has a ton of physical potential, but it hasn't translated all that much. Isaiah Isaac tore his ACL in a practice and won't be back until fall camp, at the earliest. Taylor Morin looked good in the fall at times, but I have no idea how he's progressed and he was hurt at some point, though I believe had healed by the bowl game. And Nolan Groulx worked at outside receiver first, the plan was to have learn all 3 receiver positions, not sure how far along that is.

Honestly, slot receiver lines up as one of the biggest question marks on offense entering the spring.

Good point, I would be happy to proven wrong. At this point CB is a complete unknown beyond Ja'Sir Taylor; will be interesting in the spring to see if Isaiah Essissima or Tyriq Hardimon become playable.

Getting a 5-10 CB would go against Clawson's directive to get bigger CBs -- but if they really like him at CB, they'll make exceptions.

But slot isn't really in that much better of a place. Jaquarii Roberson has been a really good camp player and has a ton of physical potential, but it hasn't translated all that much. Isaiah Isaac tore his ACL in a practice and won't be back until fall camp, at the earliest. Taylor Morin looked good in the fall at times, but I have no idea how he's progressed and he was hurt at some point, though I believe had healed by the bowl game. And Nolan Groulx worked at outside receiver first, the plan was to have learn all 3 receiver positions, not sure how far along that is.

Honestly, slot receiver lines up as one of the biggest question marks on offense entering the spring.

Ke'Shawn Williams looks like a good slot coming in 2020.

Agreed, but even at worst case, I think Roberson has shown enough to think he won't be a liability there.

Glad to hear Santino Marucci committed! Hope it helps the Coaches with recruiting the rest of the 2020 class.

Kid looks great, but that receiver is outstanding. Also, team appears well-coached. I’ve never seen down-field blocking that well in high school ball.

Will be interesting to see how many new schools try to get into the mix for Marucci from this point forward.

Brendon Clark committed to WF on July 24, 2017 (the Summer before his junior year). Clark received offers from ND, UNC and Clemson during the first week of June 2018, the Summer before his senior year. Clark committed to ND on July 4, 2018. He signed his ND LOI on December 19, 2018. He enrolled on June 22, 2019. This past season, Clark attempted one pass at ND. Clark is currently projected at #3 on the ND depth chart behind Ian Book (who will be back next year) and Junior Phil Jurkovec. ND has a commitment from Drew Pyne, Class of 2020, #7 QB.

Name sounds like a guy who would have played his high school ball at Ampipe H.S.

Justice Ellison senior season highlights on Hudl are pretty impressive. He’s about 5’8” but he’s quick, fast and appears to be tough. Could develop into a Dortch 2.0. He and Keyshawn are very similar athletes/players and look to be slot receivers at WF. Ellison is way too short to play CB in the ACC.

Will be interesting to see how many new schools try to get into the mix for Marucci from this point forward.

Brendon Clark committed to WF on July 24, 2017 (the Summer before his junior year). Clark received offers from ND, UNC and Clemson during the first week of June 2018, the Summer before his senior year. Clark committed to ND on July 4, 2018. He signed his ND LOI on December 19, 2018. He enrolled on June 22, 2019. This past season, Clark attempted one pass at ND. Clark is currently projected at #3 on the ND depth chart behind Ian Book (who will be back next year) and Junior Phil Jurkovec. ND has a commitment from Drew Pyne, Class of 2020, #7 QB.

This, he is arguably the top QB in Florida, and a big year could potentially bring offers from the in-state big boys. Also, as mentioned previously, his father played at Miami. I think he is a great fit for our offense, and he mentioned that picking Wake Forest was about everything the school offers and not just the football, so I am hoping the commitment sticks. He is going to receive more offers as the season progresses though, it will be interesting how many more before December 2020.

Only 1 recruit decommitted in the 2020 class, and we already have people LOWF'ing about our new 2021 QB commit getting other offers. Stop this nonsense. This fan base would better perceived if there were less pessimists, about everything. It's really ridiculous.

Only 1 recruit decommitted in the 2020 class, and we already have people LOWF'ing about our new 2021 QB commit getting other offers. Stop this nonsense. This fan base would better perceived if there were less pessimists, about everything. It's really ridiculous.

Where do you think Marucci will grad transfer to if he has a few good games his redshirt junior season ?

Back