• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Maybe you have a point, maybe you don't.
But, I personally wasn't thinking about Dorn's idiot comments at all.
If anything, his tweet reminded me of gripe common amongst Kansas U. fans/alumnus where they're occasionally called the "University of Kansas" instead of the schools preferred name, Kansas University.

(And yes, I'm aware that Google/Wikipedia says "University of Kansas." I said *preferred*)

Their own website says university of Kansas. I thought they just call themselves KU to differentiate themselves from UK, but never called themselves Kansas university.

Or did I miss some kind of sarcasm in your post

Mitch Griffis and Luke Petitbon are both four stars on the ESPN recruiting ratings.

No shit! Don't mess with shogun's Lit Major. The kid is excited about the chance to become a Deacon. Applaud him, don't mock him.
Oh good lawd.
Someone's sandy in his private place. Good thing they're a medical professional.

"No particular order"

We're not "second".

I might not be a lit major, but I can read.

Last edited:
Maybe you have a point, maybe you don't.
But, I personally wasn't thinking about Dorn's idiot comments at all.
If anything, his tweet reminded me of gripe common amongst Kansas U. fans/alumnus where they're occasionally called the "University of Kansas" instead of the schools preferred name, Kansas University.

(And yes, I'm aware that Google/Wikipedia says "University of Kansas." I said *preferred*)

They went to KU years ago (I'm 61) to distinguish themselves from the University of Kentucky UK. Due to both being basketball powers.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jonathan-saklad/Tgt1Ow1HEea-8KA2nzwbTA/default.htm

No one unusual for the freshmen mid year arrivals except Jonathan Saklad from New Hampshire. Greyshirt? is he on scholarship? Never heard of him before.

He graduated in spring of 2019. No clue what he has been doing since then. He didn't show any highlights from a 2019 post hs grad year.

His junior year stats were better than his senior year stats, even though he played in fewer games (4) as a junior than as a senior (6). That is an unusual hs career. So is him entering Wake in January, presumably as a walk-on.

His size says ILB or possibly fullback. Maybe tight end/H-back. Does Wake even use a fullback anymore?

His school plays an eight game season. The reasons he only played 10 games out of the team 16 would be of interest.

If he wants to walk on and play, welcome to Wake.

He graduated in spring of 2019. No clue what he has been doing since then. He didn't show any highlights from a 2019 post hs grad year.

His junior year stats were better than his senior year stats, even though he played in fewer games (4) as a junior than as a senior (6). That is an unusual hs career. So is him entering Wake in January, presumably as a walk-on.

His size says ILB or possibly fullback. Maybe tight end/H-back. Does Wake even use a fullback anymore?

His school plays an eight game season. The reasons he only played 10 games out of the team 16 would be of interest.

If he wants to walk on and play, welcome to Wake.

Seriously doubt they would publicize a walk on on the Wake Forest Football Twitter account. Either a PWO++ or a greyshirt with a scholarship.

Seriously doubt they would publicize a walk on on the Wake Forest Football Twitter account. Either a PWO++ or a greyshirt with a scholarship.

If he was a greyshirt, he would have signed last year. Seems like a PWO++. Is that a common term? I like it.

If he was a greyshirt, he would have signed last year. Seems like a PWO++. Is that a common term? I like it.

Timing is odd for a walk on. Why not enroll in August? "Grayshirt" walkon?????

Timing is odd for a walk on. Why not enroll in August? "Grayshirt" walkon?????

He graduated from HS in June 2019. He could redshirt 2020 and his eligibilty would start at 2021 in the third season after he left HS. He could maximize his chances of playing that way.

A foorball recruit from NH is an oddity. More than a handful of high schools have given up football in total, and offer only soccer in the fall.

Was a TE/DE in high school. Also was one of the highest ranked HS lacrosse players in the country, but we don't have that sport.

And played hockey in HS. Have no idea his football skill or IQ, but he sounds like a damn good ST player.

Back