• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

What does the ( ++ ) indicate? Thanks.
I suspect he means that the kid is considered a premium PWO.
Those are kids that could definitely get a scholarship at a lower FBS school but not quite at a Power 5. However, they definitely could wind up 4 year contributors.

I suspect he means that the kid is considered a premium PWO.
Those are kids that could definitely get a scholarship at a lower FBS school but not quite at a Power 5. However, they definitely could wind up 4 year contributors.

And possibly wind up with a scholarship and be a team captain.
Ie Jack Freudenthal and Grant Walker

Yes, Grant Dawson. My bad.

Wasn’t Hunter Williams a walk on too? Pretty sure he played rover back in Clawson’s first years. Solid player. Freudenthal definitely was solid too.

Saw Les tweeted out Jackson Hensley is changing his commitment from Harvard to I assume Wake. Looks like he is announcing officially on 1/26. 3 star from Kentucky.

Saw Les tweeted out Jackson Hensley is changing his commitment from Harvard to I assume Wake. Looks like he is announcing officially on 1/26. 3 star from Kentucky.

Last Harvard decommit WR we got worked out pretty well.

Cody Cater, QB from Providence day in Charlotte received a preferred walk on offer from Wake. Just an offer, has not accepted.

Not super tall. Perhaps yet another slot receiver. Will be interesting to see if we try to move one or two to CB.

Always wondered how athletes "commit" to Ivy League schools. They don't offer athletic scholarships; instead need based grants. There is no NLI day for Ivy League recruits. When someone commits to Harvard is that anything more than the coach telling him that the admissions department is likely to admit him or does that mean that applied and were admitted early?

Always wondered how athletes "commit" to Ivy League schools. They don't offer athletic scholarships; instead need based grants. There is no NLI day for Ivy League recruits. When someone commits to Harvard is that anything more than the coach telling him that the admissions department is likely to admit him or does that mean that applied and were admitted early?

They get a silver spoon, a preferred eating club card and a benie….

Back