• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

this is one of the most incoherent non-rj posts in the history of this board

I think it’s pretty clear he’s saying the academic workload at Wake Forest is much different than most P5 programs. The demands at Wake Forest somewhat limit the type of kid the Wake coaches recruit. Clawson is smart enough to know that there are hundreds of kids out there that are overlooked by other P5 programs because of weight, the amount of tape, or how much playing experience they have. Clawson consistently goes after kids that haven’t played football all their life, and are multi-sport athletes. He picks kids that still have loads of potential that isn’t being broadcasted at a 4a high school. He’s smart. When they have camps at Wake, a LOT of players are offered after based on how they do at those camps. They get to see them live, and after they trust their eyes and offer guys that impressed. This is why recruiting classes at Wake aren’t as sexy looking as Clemson or LSU. Clawson and staff look for kids that get it done in the classroom, and may be inexperienced, but talented players on the field.

I think if Wake was able to get past the double digit win threshold, they would be able to go after guys that still excel at school, but are some of the more ready made products out of high school. Jasheen Davis and James Ash are two guys that are college ready out of high school. Now, they may end up redshirting because of the players that have been developed in front of them. But make no mistake, they could come in and play by September and be damn good players. That’s what you want to see if you’re a Wake fan. Jasheen Davis picked Wake over LSU. If we can start winning more of those battles, it’s going to be hard to stop this program from winning, and winning big.

this is one of the most incoherent non-rj posts in the history of this board

I think it’s pretty clear he’s saying the academic workload at Wake Forest is much different than most P5 programs. The demands at Wake Forest somewhat limit the type of kid the Wake coaches recruit. Clawson is smart enough to know that there are hundreds of kids out there that are overlooked by other P5 programs because of weight, the amount of tape, or how much playing experience they have. Clawson consistently goes after kids that haven’t played football all their life, and are multi-sport athletes. He picks kids that still have loads of potential that isn’t being broadcasted at a 4a high school. He’s smart. When they have camps at Wake, a LOT of players are offered after based on how they do at those camps. They get to see them live, and after they trust their eyes and offer guys that impressed. This is why recruiting classes at Wake aren’t as sexy looking as Clemson or LSU. Clawson and staff look for kids that get it done in the classroom, and may be inexperienced, but talented players on the field.

I think if Wake was able to get past the double digit win threshold, they would be able to go after guys that still excel at school, but are some of the more ready made products out of high school. Jasheen Davis and James Ash are two guys that are college ready out of high school. Now, they may end up redshirting because of the players that have been developed in front of them. But make no mistake, they could come in and play by September and be damn good players. That’s what you want to see if you’re a Wake fan. Jasheen Davis picked Wake over LSU. If we can start winning more of those battles, it’s going to be hard to stop this program from winning, and winning big.

Thank you for doing my explanation.

I was making a point by putting as many multi-syllable words into the course description as I could cram in. It is an approximation of what a football playbook would be, if described in a college course syllabus. Those that didn't understand probably didn't go to Wake and experience that.

Yeah not going to read all that shit above. How about wake recruits the best prospects possible that fits our system and we develop them.

Clawson appears to be doing just that.

It looks like we’ve plateaued at what is a good spot for Wake but Clawson will have to win 8-9 games for a few seasons straight before recruiting at a higher level.

Looks like the middle of the recruiting class continues to creep upward. This year the upper end didn't get as high as last year. Groulx and Greene pushed the top high for Wake recruiting. Whitter bailing at the last minute took the top end of the 2020 class down some.

2020 Alonzo Ford from Richmond, Va on campus for his official visit. 6"2 300 lbs defensive tackle 3 star on 247. may be giving out 2 - 3 more scholarships for this year.

2020 Alonzo Ford from Richmond, Va on campus for his official visit. 6"2 300 lbs defensive tackle 3 star on 247. may be giving out 2 - 3 more scholarships for this year.

Would be great for Alonzo to commit this weekend. The quality and depth of our Dline is really encouraging.

Even though he only has three P5 offers, I am always encouraged when we beat BC for linemen. They seem to have a good eye for the big guys at the 3 star level.

247 Rankings:

2016: 57
2017: 68
2018: 64
2019: 58
2020: 57

247 Average Player Ranking - Wake Forest:

2011: 0.8233
2012: 0.8274
2013: 0.8100
2014: 0.8180
2015: 0.8298
2016: 0.8319
2017: 0.8269
2018: 0.8428
2019: 0.8460
2020: 0.8384

247 Average Player Ranking - Wake Forest:

2011: 0.8233
2012: 0.8274
2013: 0.8100
2014: 0.8180
2015: 0.8298
2016: 0.8319
2017: 0.8269
2018: 0.8428
2019: 0.8460
2020: 0.8384

This is also important:

2011: 6-7
2012: 5-7
2013: 4-8
2014: 3-9
2015: 3-9
2016: 7-6
2017: 8-5
2018: 7-6
2019: 8-5

I think clearly Wake was a talented team when healthy in 19. Wake has a lot of those guys back that went down, Surratt, Bothroyd, Greer, DJ Taylor, Masterson. Now Wake needs to develop the guys behind them quicker so that they can play when big players go down next season.

Time to take a step (forward) on the 8 win plateau.

I think and I know people won’t like we’ll always have to have an OCS like last year to do that at least for the first four or five years

Va Tech dead last in the ACC with just 14 commits and the #70 class on 247. Fuente needs to have a good season get out of there before he gets fired.

Fuck him. And fuck Vagina Tech. I've never liked the fucking Turkeys.

Any news on commitments from the two grad transfers who visited this weekend?

Any news on commitments from the two grad transfers who visited this weekend?

who were the visitors?

also, how many open schollies are we left with after the recent corner commit? i thought someone mentioned we were down to only two even prior to that.

Back