• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Fucking Clawson just always building and grinding. Let’s go!

LOL at the Reggie Ball comments.

One of my best memories as a wake fan is being in soggy Jacksonville December 06 with a bunch of deacon fans doing the reggie miller chant. He was SOOOO bad that day. I guess he was bad all the time...but man he kept us in the game!

Any idea the huge new commitment Devin Santana referenced tonight

Recruiting rankings this year are going to be even more bogus than usual, due to COVID-19, as rising seniors who didn't play as much as juniors, weren't featured, grew significantly, etc. won't be able to camp and boost their rankings. Senior year numbers rarely cause too much of a jump. Even more opportunity than usual for Clawson and co. to find the underrated kids whose talent is just starting to rise to the top.

Short for a safety. Offers from Duke, Ole Miss, and South Carolina. Good to take one back from Duke after they just took one from us that was close to Jaboree Williams in Brandon Johnson

The way I evaluate the job Clawson and his staff have done is by looking at each kids offer list. We had 2 defensive lineman in our 2020 class offered by LSU and many many others, and they chose Wake Forest. Over 3/4 of our commits hold very impressive offers. Each year I’d bet that number has increased. The goal for Clawson and his staff should be to have an entire class made up of guys that hold multiple other P5 offers. When they get to that point, Wake will be setting up for championships.

Agreed. This is my take as well.

247 indicates it’s between us and State. The Wolpfack are on the decline, especially with UNC stealing their in state recruiting thunder. Easy choice!

I have reason to believe he is leaning Wake but I am not the end all be all

Wow. He’d be a massive pickup. It makes sense too, he’s got Ahmani and Christian Beal here from East. He’d be an immediate replacement for Sage, and he’s a 30 minute drive from home so his family could come to every game with ease. Would be a pretty great fit for him. Oh, and Kevin Higgins is putting players in the league that didn’t have a chance before they came to Wake. Obviously, Micah would be a different story.

247 indicates it’s between us and State. The Wolpfack are on the decline, especially with UNC stealing their in state recruiting thunder. Easy choice!

Their site really makes it look like State vs UNC. It shows no visits to Wake.

Their site really makes it look like State vs UNC. It shows no visits to Wake.

Micah Crowell has visited Wake a few times. State seems to be recruiting him pretty hard and making him their priority WR recruit. Maybe Clawson and Higgins can come on strong for the next few weeks.

Micah Crowell has visited Wake a few times. State seems to be recruiting him pretty hard and making him their priority WR recruit. Maybe Clawson and Higgins can come on strong for the next few weeks.

Well it sounds clawson has made him a priority.

Back