• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

But after that, you're stuck?

If accepted into an academy all students attend for free. Therefore you do not get an athletic scholarship, but a presidential or congressional appointment. If you begin 3rd year and quit or get kicked out I assume you are required to enlist. My comments should be fact checked, but that is what I recall.

If accepted into an academy all students attend for free. Therefore you do not get an athletic scholarship, but a presidential or congressional appointment. If you begin 3rd year and quit or get kicked out I assume you are required to enlist. My comments should be fact checked, but that is what I recall.

I also do not believe you can be red shirted at the academies. You attend four years period.

Doesn’t the four star local WR select WF or NCSU June 2?

Anyone know status?

Yes. As soon as you step foot on campus your third year you’re committed.

Actually you are committed to the military the day you enroll at any of the service academies. You (or parent/guardian if under 18) sign a six year enlistment beginning day one of your time at any academy. It obligates you to completing the course of study and behaving.

Upon graduation and commissioning that agreement is superceded by the five year agreement and obligation to serve as an officer.

If the student breaches the enrollment agreement, the six year commitment still exists. The Service Secretary has discretion about how to handle the remainder of the six years. Usually it is inactive reserve time until his or her class graduates, then active duty as an enlisted person until six years total service are completed.

If you are removed for disciplinary reasons, your active dutu as an enlisted person could begin immediately.

Actually you are committed to the military the day you enroll at any of the service academies. You (or parent/guardian if under 18) sign a six year enlistment beginning day one of your time at any academy. It obligates you to completing the course of study and behaving.

Upon graduation and commissioning that agreement is superceded by the five year agreement and obligation to serve as an officer.

If the student breaches the enrollment agreement, the six year commitment still exists. The Service Secretary has discretion about how to handle the remainder of the six years. Usually it is inactive reserve time until his or her class graduates, then active duty as an enlisted person until six years total service are completed.

If you are removed for disciplinary reasons, your active dutu as an enlisted person could begin immediately.

Freshman and sophomores at US military academies must apply to have their resignations accepted. If the resignations are accepted (and they typically are), they will have no future military obligations.

Any cadet that attempts to resign after the first day of classes their junior year will continue to have a two year active duty military commitment. Any cadet that seeks to resign after the first day of classes their senior year will have a three year military commitment.

Here is a link to the Air Force website on the subject: https://www.academyadmissions.com/apply/commitment/

So, as long as the transfer from Navy has not started his junior year (and he hasn't), he should have no military commitment.

Last edited:

I think it is fairly common for the academies to allow you to transfer with no obligations before junior year if in good standings with no military obligation. I think they must just rubber stamp an approval to side step required commitment.

Announcing tomorrow at 5. Seemingly down to Wake or State.

Please publish a few more articles in the next 24 hours that reference our blowout win over State last year or our three straight wins over State.

Please deliver them to Crowell's front door.

Why would a talented WR not want o attend Wake? Our offense is light years ahead of NC State

Why would a talented WR not want o attend Wake? Our offense is light years ahead of NC State

True...just look at Tabari Hines. He put up worse stats at State last year than he did at wake and he didn't have anyone near as good as sage, scotty, or kendall taking reps from him. State's leading receiver, Emezie, only had 576 yards and 2 touchdowns. Meanwhile, we had 3 receivers with more yards than that and all of them missed games.

On the conference call today, Clawson said that May was probably the best recruiting month the staff has ever had. Hyperbole, perhaps, but it shows you how excited he his for these recent commits. Also acknowledged it's a long way til signing day, and seemed to be insinuating some of the guys would be getting a lot more interest from the big boys.

True...just look at Tabari Hines. He put up worse stats at State last year than he did at wake and he didn't have anyone near as good as sage, scotty, or kendall taking reps from him. State's leading receiver, Emezie, only had 576 yards and 2 touchdowns. Meanwhile, we had 3 receivers with more yards than that and all of them missed games.

In all fairness, their QB and co-OC situation last year was a recipe for disaster. Tabari and Emezie didn't have much of a chance to do anything noteworthy. Doesn't mean that won't be the case again -- but I think they got rid of the co-OC stuff and should have better QB play.

Crowell is a fellow K-Vegas neighbor for me, though I'm closer to Glenn HS. I'll respectively leave the recruiting to Ahmani and Christian.

This is the kind of recruiting battle I’d hope we can win after going 3-0 against the other N.C. teams, especially with the beat down of State and 3 straight against them. Add to that he’s local and State does not appear to be on the upswing...

How much in-state talent does NCSU have to piss away before kids get smart? Doeren appears to have hit his ceiling while Clawson just keeps building.

How much in-state talent does NCSU have to piss away before kids get smart? Doeren appears to have hit his ceiling while Clawson just keeps building.

I have operated on the mindset that if they shit the bed this year, Doeren is gone. Which puts all those kids on decommit watch. Their schedule... they should hope they start 3-1 cause it ramps kinda quickly

I have operated on the mindset that if they shit the bed this year, Doeren is gone. Which puts all those kids on decommit watch. Their schedule... they should hope they start 3-1 cause it ramps kinda quickly

Really good point. The projected State win total this year has fluctuated between 4.5 and 5. If the Pack go 5-7 or worse, hard to see Doeren returning after a 4-8 (1-7) 2019 season. They open at L'ville and then host Mike Leach and Miss State. If the Pack start 0-2, hard to see them getting to 6 or more wins. That would put all of their commits in jeopardy.

Really good point. The projected State win total this year has fluctuated between 4.5 and 5. If the Pack go 5-7 or worse, hard to see Doeren returning after a 4-8 (1-7) 2019 season. They open at L'ville and then host Mike Leach and Miss State. If the Pack start 0-2, hard to see them getting to 6 or more wins. That would put all of their commits in jeopardy.

So true.

As most coaches will tell you, getting a commitment is just a step in getting recruits signed and on your team. If State has a bad season, gets beat by Wake (again!) and possibly loses their coach, Wake would be in a very good position to actually sign Crowell.
It’s still a long way til signing day.

That said, I’d love for Crowell to commit to Wake TODAY.

Back