• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

How much in-state talent does NCSU have to piss away before kids get smart? Doeren appears to have hit his ceiling while Clawson just keeps building.

Doeren benefitted greatly from Larry Fedora focusing recruiting outside NC. Now that Mack is laser focused on NC, Doeren is getting his ass kicked. Plus he appears to be a mediocre judge of staff coaches.

It could be that Crowell simply wants to go to school away from home, like most of us. Second, he may see more of an opportunity for PT at State.

Still, would love to have him.

Unfortunately, it seems like he's going to State. For now.

without revealing Sauces: I believe he is a state lean. However no one literally knows anything besides it's (probably) between State and Wake

Well, which is it? Is he a State lean or does no one know anything?

Well, which is it? Is he a State lean or does no one know anything?

reading is fundamental here: I BELIEVE he is a state lean. But quite literally finding any information out from people who should know is impossible and not because they aren't wanting to give it out, but because Micah hasn't given any out. Hell the fact that he is only mainly between State and Wake is nothing more than an educated guess

Wasn't just responding to you, but thanks for clarifying :eek:

Yep. Remember Donovan Greene committed to Duke.

And Groulx was committed to Wisconsin. I don't have any inside knowledge, it's just everything I read says he's a State lean and I expect that's where he'll commit.

I think State is a bad decision. The QB situation isn't nearly as good as Wake, and they're the biggest loser to UNC's increased success. It's a great gameday environment, but not when they're getting their asses kicked by the Deacs! State did nothing with a ton of local talent - the D line they put together was insane - and NFL quarterbacking for what seems like my entire life. Doeren is an asshole, and his savviest move to date has been acting like he was going to take the Tennessee job.

As of this morning ZERO(0) people outside of the Crowell family know where Micah plans to commit. All people not in his inner circle are speculating, and repeating speculation about where a HS player might commit ranks pretty high up there in useless internet commentary.

And Groulx was committed to Wisconsin. I don't have any inside knowledge, it's just everything I read says he's a State lean and I expect that's where he'll commit.

I think State is a bad decision. The QB situation isn't nearly as good as Wake, and they're the biggest loser to UNC's increased success. It's a great gameday environment, but not when they're getting their asses kicked by the Deacs! State did nothing with a ton of local talent - the D line they put together was insane - and NFL quarterbacking for what seems like my entire life. Doeren is an asshole, and his savviest move to date has been acting like he was going to take the Tennessee job.

They've had two NFL RBs recently as well. I think they had a OL that was picked pretty high too.

State players drafted over the past 3 seasons:

5 28 174 Larrell Murchison Tennessee Titans DT
7 15 229 James Smith-Williams Washington Redskins DE
1 18 18 Garrett Bradbury Minnesota Vikings C
3 8 72 Germaine Pratt Cincinnati Bengals LB
4 2 104 Ryan Finley Cincinnati Bengals QB
6 34 206 Kelvin Harmon Washington Redskins WR
1 5 5 Bradley Chubb Denver Broncos DE
3 5 69 B. J. Hill New York Giants DT
3 20 84 Justin Jones Los Angeles Chargers DT
4 4 104 Nyheim Hines Indianapolis Colts RB
4 28 128 Kentavius Street San Francisco 49ers DE