• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

This isn’t direct at Cam by any stretch but I just don’t understand the love some have for CBS. The guy simply has shown very little on field production and is still living off this rep or projection as a burner. Don’t get it but hope that KW3 has used the past year judiciously in terms of learning the offense and additional responsibilities as a #1 back.

I realize how fortunate I am to watch spring and fall camp practices, but some of the "love" for CBS comes from them, starting with spring '18. He had a big spring game and looked like an upgrade at the No. 3 RB spot over Arkeem Byrd, who was really good in that role in 2017.

Again, I think the point has been made here, but the whole "#1 back" thing is a moot point with Clawson and Ruggiero. The only time they've ever had one RB get the vast majority of carries was Colburn in 2017 when he was the only healthy option (aside from, coincidentally, burning CBS' redshirt). Their ideal situation is for CBS and KW3 to both have about 750 yards and 7-8 touchdowns, with Flowers filling the No. 3 role.

Did DeAndre Delaney graduate last Dec? I don't remember him in the Pinstripe Bowl. Always hoped he would help after Cade. Hard runner with good speed, big and strong.

Did DeAndre Delaney graduate last Dec? I don't remember him in the Pinstripe Bowl. Always hoped he would help after Cade. Hard runner with good speed, big and strong.

He graduated and isn't coming back for a 5th year. He was hurt for the Pinstripe Bowl.

He graduated and isn't coming back for a 5th year. He was hurt for the Pinstripe Bowl.

Disappointed. Liked what I saw in him when he played. I think he would have played a significant role this year if he had stayed....unless the injury was severe, similar to Byrd's...

Last edited:
Disappointed. Liked what I saw in him when he played. I think he would have played significant role this year if he had stayed....unless the injury was severe, similar to Byrd's...

Byrd's injury was much more severe -- torn ACL, PCL and MCL, as he said on a student-produced video.

Delaney would've played a similar role as last season; valuable special teams player, but it's not like he would've been stealing carries from CBS, KW3 or Flowers.

What is everyone at the beach this weekend?

We sign a big DT from Alabama and no comments?

Comments are on the other board.
Less likely to stir up controversy there.

Regardless, Welcome Bernard! Glad you’ll be a Deac.

Sure seems to have the body and frame of a tackle more than an end...

Was A&M offer legit? Would have expected more p5 offers if it were.

Some schools may not have gotten past the measurables on Gooden. They don't quite fit what a lot of P5 schools are looking for. It's a lot tougher to measure "motor" from highlights.

Seems like he was really waiting for the Wake offer because he jumped on it very quickly. A good sign that respect for Wake is edging up.

Welcome to Wake, Bernard Gooden!

Dylan Hazen, 3star LB from Texas is announcing tmrw. Do we have a shot?

Big offer list but heavy on the west and midwest schools. Don't think he'll go to the Ivy League, so I think we are not a high probability....

Dylan Hazen, 3star LB from Texas is announcing tmrw. Do we have a shot?

According to some, including outside sources, we have a very good shot:

"Hazen has kept this one pretty tight to the vest. Illinois offered early and has recruited him hard, so they have been in near the front of the pack in this recruitment. But from what I’ve gathered, Wake Forest should probably feel most confident going into Monday about winning the race."

Given his track record, got to be excited about Clawson getting commitments from the players he wants. That is far more important than getting commitments based upon how a recruiting site ranks the players. Will be following the interest that each of WF's commitments get from top programs before signing day. Last year, WF lost its best LB commitment to Oklahoma. That sucked. Very clear that the word is out that WF knows how to evaluate football talent, and that other programs will try to poach.

Back