• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

We offered a 3 star RB from NJ today per twitter. Vandy appears to be our major comp for him.

Patrick Smith of Abesecon, NJ. Other FBS offers are Vandy, Colorado State and Central Michigan. From his tape he looks like he is very good in space, but you have to wait until 3 minutes in to see if he is a capable of breaking a tackle or not. For most of the tape he is pretty much untouched on every run. Take that how you want to.

Can we find us another rb in the portal? A 3 or 4 star that never got much time at bigger school could do well here. I wasn’t impressed with running game after Walker opted out. Cooley just had surgery. Marshall is unproven and Towns will be a freshman. That leaves with CBS and Ellison

I think we got Patrick Smith, right? We offered him and he shut down his recruitment the next day. Timing would suggest he gave us the #silentverbal

Can we find us another rb in the portal? A 3 or 4 star that never got much time at bigger school could do well here. I wasn’t impressed with running game after Walker opted out. Cooley just had surgery. Marshall is unproven and Towns will be a freshman. That leaves with CBS and Ellison

There was a former four star RB from Tennessee in the portal. Know idea if there is interest either way.

I don't know about Pat Smith's silent commitment, but Max Miller, QB for Fork Union Military Academy, posted that he is committing to Wake as a PWO. Had offers from Dartmouth and Georgetown College (not the one in DC).

I don't know about Pat Smith's silent commitment, but Max Miller, QB for Fork Union Military Academy, posted that he is committing to Wake as a PWO. Had offers from Dartmouth and Georgetown College (not the one in DC).

His profile says he runs a 4.34...Playrd some DB in high school, so I imagine he is being recruited as an athlete. Surprised we are picking up all these PWO's when they have real offers.

His profile says he runs a 4.34...Playrd some DB in high school, so I imagine he is being recruited as an athlete. Surprised we are picking up all these PWO's when they have real offers.

The Nick Andersen Effect.

No chance he ran a 4.34 because if he had at that size all major schools would be after him

McCollum is a tough read. Showed up as a true freshman and got playing time but seems to have regressed or not developed like other players. Barely recorded any stats this year.

McCollum is a tough read. Showed up as a true freshman and got playing time but seems to have regressed or not developed like other players. Barely recorded any stats this year.

Are some of our higher ranked recruits more fully baked meaning there is less room for growth?

Last edited:

I was expecting him to blow up, especially with his quickness and speed. Also expected him to be 250 lbs by now. Wonder why he didn’t gain weight.

I was expecting him to blow up, especially with his quickness and speed. Also expected him to be 250 lbs by now. Wonder why he didn’t gain weight.

I suspect the failure to put on weight and muscle is part of the reason he hasn't gotten more playing time and has slipped on the depth chart.

Kevin Marks Jr a RB from Buffalo has entered the portal. He is exactly the kind of player I am hoping Wake will make a run for in the off season.

A MAC player who is looking to carry the load in a more competitive league. 112 carries for 741 yards and 7 TDs this season, while splitting time with Jarett Patterson who will be going to the league soon. Marks is from Norfolk, VA, so proximity could be a selling point. No idea about grades though. He wasn't heavily recruited out of HS, but his production will change that now.

Even if the staff is really excited about Towns, behind CBS we have Ellison, who just converted from WR and Cooley, who did not play last year. Clawson has shown a preference for using multiple backs in a season, so it would make sense to bring in a guy who can handle double digit carries a game. Depth has really taken a hit with 2 RB's entering the portal, and you can tell the staff wasn't expecting it as they have only offered 11 RBs (compared to 37 WRs).

Whether Wake goes after him is really going to depend on grades. Whether or not he is interested in coming here is a different story, but he would be a great addition to our running game next season.

Marks had 100+ rushing yards 3 times this season (138, 182, and 109). He even had 97 and 90 in the games Patterson had 409 and 301.

Are any of the Buffalo OL looking to transfer?

Would like to land Marks, but keep in mind that Buffalo played an exceptionally soft schedule (all MAC teams plus Marshall).

Kevin Marks Jr a RB from Buffalo has entered the portal. He is exactly the kind of player I am hoping Wake will make a run for in the off season.

A MAC player who is looking to carry the load in a more competitive league. 112 carries for 741 yards and 7 TDs this season, while splitting time with Jarett Patterson who will be going to the league soon. Marks is from Norfolk, VA, so proximity could be a selling point. No idea about grades though. He wasn't heavily recruited out of HS, but his production will change that now.

Even if the staff is really excited about Towns, behind CBS we have Ellison, who just converted from WR and Cooley, who did not play last year. Clawson has shown a preference for using multiple backs in a season, so it would make sense to bring in a guy who can handle double digit carries a game. Depth has really taken a hit with 2 RB's entering the portal, and you can tell the staff wasn't expecting it as they have only offered 11 RBs (compared to 37 WRs).

Whether Wake goes after him is really going to depend on grades. Whether or not he is interested in coming here is a different story, but he would be a great addition to our running game next season.

Don't disagree with your assessment, but you forgot Marshall.

I don't disagree with your assessment, but you forgot Marshall.

Back