• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Greene's stats for a "redshirt freshman" are going to look crazy. Over 800 receiving yards and over 40 catches. Oh yeah, 12 games played.

Outside of Bama and Clemson, doubt there is any team that returns two receivers that play to the level of Greene and Roberson. If another receiver can be merely competent, he will be wide open all day as defenses have to gameplan against WF top two receivers.

Cam tweeted some of his catches from last season and he looks like he has good hands. Does anyone have insight into why only 10 receptions over 10 games, 5 of which he started? Was it usage, the QB having another favorite target - the offense Illinois runs?

Cam tweeted some of his catches from last season and he looks like he has good hands. Does anyone have insight into why only 10 receptions over 10 games, 5 of which he started? Was it usage, the QB having another favorite target - the offense Illinois runs?

their top receiver, who probably ends up being a mid to late round draft pick, went 22/297/3 this past season. They completed 91 passes on almost 200 attempts in 8 games. Illinois was a dumpster fire at QB and that's putting it lightly

Yep. Illinois played 8 games. Their QBs had COVID issues which caused lots of problems; they ended playing 4 different QBs and only completed a 47% of their passes (which may have been the worst of any FBS team).

I'm starting to feel better about this signing. Sounds like the kind of guy who could make some big plays in a potent offense like the Deacs will have next season.

Calling it now...We average 38+ PPG.

You people will talk yourselves into anything.

You're damn right! 11-2 Orange Bowl win...Finish ranked 9th in the nation. Average 38 PPG...Greer comes back and has a hell of a defensive season and life is good in deacon land.

LOL. Georgia football probably has a dozen Biff National Championships by now.

Hardly.

But yeah, give me a guy who chose the Lovie Smith dumpster fire over Houston Baptist and caught 10 balls a year and I'll blame the whole thing on his quarterback and project him at 35 catches and 600 yards next season.

I don't think this guy will start. What I'm looking for is an upgrade over Stewart/Perry/Groulx. I'm hoping that we move Morin outside to take the Alex Bachman role full time. With Roberson and Williams, I feel good about the slot. We need a backup that can spell Greene/Morin without too significant of a drop off. If he can be that guy, great. If he gives/develops into more, I'm ecstatic.

Hardly.

But yeah, give me a guy who chose the Lovie Smith dumpster fire over Houston Baptist and caught 10 balls a year and I'll blame the whole thing on his quarterback and project him at 35 catches and 600 yards next season.

28 catches 330 yards 2 touchdowns

Our starting receivers were very good last year but it was obvious that there was a big dropoff after our top 3. Haven't watched the highlights but it's clear we need to upgrade our depth and you can easily rotate 2-3 guys per receiver position.

We need 1,200 yards receiving combined from guys not named Greene and Roberson.

That leaves Morin, Perry, Stewart, Groulx, Cam, Williams and a bunch of young guys...Should be doable.

Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson at tOSU say "hello".

I didn’t see that Olave is returning. I’ve seen him listed in the second round. Sucks how guys like Olave or Etienne come back for the big time programs but we only got a few games of Sage playing at a NFL prospect level.

Perry, Stewart, and Groulx were bad this year. Really bad.

Yep. I was really disappointed. I'm not expecting Stewart to make much of a leap, but I anticipate Perry or Groulx to make a jump for us. Conventional wisdom says we have a surprise contributor aside from Greene, Morin and Roberson.

Back