• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Trey Rucker transferred to Ok. State. That was surprising to me, did I miss something?

Trey Rucker transferred to Ok. State. That was surprising to me, did I miss something?

Wake has always been a very talented team at S when healthy. Not a shock in the slightest of the schools who went after him in the portal

Appears he didn’t want any competition from Masterson. His comments.
That said, where’s he going to go where he doesn’t have any competition?

Appears he didn’t want any competition from Masterson. His comments.
That said, where’s he going to go where he doesn’t have any competition?

His twitter feed says "I’m ready to walk in my greatness". Lots can be said about a statement like that; sadly, little positive. Sounds like we had some guys on defense who did not like having to compete. and were not team focused.

Maybe other players/coaches gave him a hard time for getting Nate Robinson’d by a running back.

Honestly, our LB group has been so bad the last few years that I welcome fresh blood, smaller or not.

Honestly, our LB group has been so bad the last few years that I welcome fresh blood, smaller or not.

Wake had a guy miss half the season and make All-ACC(and made it the year before as well and was drafted), the guy who replaced him, the guy who replaced him had 73 tackles, 6.5 TFLs and 2 FF that year. The stats in 2019 actually looked slightly better with just Smenda and Williams. In 2020 the defensive coordinator admitted it was his fault for not putting them in the right places and making them have to make almost impossible plays until the back end got healthy and when it was they *shockingly* had their best games.

There is a very large gap between how coaches and the media see the linebackers and how fans see them and it's slightly frustrating

Wake had a guy miss half the season and make All-ACC(and made it the year before as well and was drafted), the guy who replaced him, the guy who replaced him had 73 tackles, 6.5 TFLs and 2 FF that year. The stats in 2019 actually looked slightly better with just Smenda and Williams. In 2020 the defensive coordinator admitted it was his fault for not putting them in the right places and making them have to make almost impossible plays until the back end got healthy and when it was they *shockingly* had their best games.

There is a very large gap between how coaches and the media see the linebackers and how fans see them and it's slightly frustrating

I think I would view them better if a Sr. starter had not just transferred, but that's me.

I think I would view them better if a Sr. starter had not just transferred, but that's me.

what bothers me is that most(if not all) of the transfers are black. Is there a prejudice problem in the program?

Back