• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Was never going to see the field at Wake. Hope he knows what he is doing and already has a lower level school lined up. Strikes me as one who may not have a chair once the music stops.

Last edited:
I like how Biff's avatar is looking at that tweet like, what is wrong with you ppl?

Very interesting. Had a very good freshman year:

“Trujillo, from Buena Park, Calif., played in eight games and started seven at cornerback as a true freshman in 2019. He had 21 tackles, six pass breakups and one interception in 438 snaps played that season.”

His CU bio says he was named the team’s top freshman on defense.

But barely played as a sophomore during the short season:

“This year, Trujillo was moved to safety and played as a reserve at both safety and cornerback at times. During the five-game regular season, he played just 34 snaps, with three tackles.”

https://www.buffzone.com/2021/01/26/cu-buffs-kj-trujillo-to-transfer

Played all eight games on defense, a total of 438 snaps, with 21 tackles, including one sack, and added six pass breakups, five third down stops, two quarterback hurries and one interception … Best game was against USC where he had his first career interception and sack and also added five tackles, three third down stops, two pass breakups and a quarterback hurry … He was named CU's Defensive Player of the Week and nominated for the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week and the Colorado Chapter of the National Football Foundation Player of the Week honors for the USC game …

Trujillo looks like an excellent addition. Even if he isn’t eligible this season, which I think he will be, he’ll most likely play a big role for us for 2 or 3 seasons.

Trujillo is from CA, and he has never been to the State of North Carolina. Recruiting in the age of COVID

Trujillo is from CA, and he has never been to the State of North Carolina. Recruiting in the age of COVID

He had made it across most of the Rocky Mountains. After that it is all downhill to Wake.

Saw this on Rivals- seems we are somewhere on his radar....
A long list of schools are coming after defensive back Davison Igbinosun. The 6-foot-3 athlete out of Union, N.J. is trying to work through his options and there are a few schools in good position with him right now.
"The schools that are doing the best job with me I'd have to say are Rutgers, Notre Dame, Virginia, Pittsburgh, and Wake Forest," Igbinosun said.
Wake Forest- "I speak to Ryan Crawford a lot," he said. "He's trying to teach me about the culture. It's a small school. It feels like I'm a fit. I watch ACC football a lot and I saw the Clemson game. It's Clemson but they looked like a pretty good football team."

Saw this on Rivals- seems we are somewhere on his radar....
A long list of schools are coming after defensive back Davison Igbinosun. The 6-foot-3 athlete out of Union, N.J. is trying to work through his options and there are a few schools in good position with him right now.
"The schools that are doing the best job with me I'd have to say are Rutgers, Notre Dame, Virginia, Pittsburgh, and Wake Forest," Igbinosun said.
Wake Forest- "I speak to Ryan Crawford a lot," he said. "He's trying to teach me about the culture. It's a small school. It feels like I'm a fit. I watch ACC football a lot and I saw the Clemson game. It's Clemson but they looked like a pretty good football team."

Hard to tell if the Clemson demolition of Wake will help or hurt.

Tate Carney (brother of Cade) had 8 TD's on Friday.

Back