• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Wow that was quick. At what point does it make the kid look bad like he’s unwilling to earn his spot?

At least it wasn’t competition or character. I thought the worked the academic part out before even bringing them in? Issue on our side maybe

Sounds like an issue with transfer credits. Belongs on the LOL Illinois thread.

All I know is that if Washington ever makes the senior bowl, he better damn sure be sporting a WFU helmet!!!

At least it wasn’t competition or character. I thought the worked the academic part out before even bringing them in? Issue on our side maybe

Means we are our own worst enemy. Just like not taking jucos anymore and making a 2 year college athlete come here from a great juco program and have to go 4 years here to graduate.....not gonna happen.

I agree. Smells like someone in academic requirements making a mountain out of a molehill, punishing a kid for really nothing, in the midst of a pandemic.

("Wait a minute....hold on their Coach Clawson....in reviewing this stated player's entire academic history, we found he cannot qualify for admission due to violating Acticle 17, Section 3, Subsection B, Item 114, 2nd paragraph, line 2 of our 7 lb Exhuastive Admission of Revenue Sports Athletes Screening Manual. .....")

I have a hard time believing 1. this wasn’t vetted at the time of transfer and 2. credits from Illinois were not transferable but somewhere like Houston Baptist didn’t create the same issue

I have a hard time believing 1. this wasn’t vetted at the time of transfer and 2. credits from Illinois were not transferable but somewhere like Houston Baptist didn’t create the same issue

DuBose was a grad transfer so he didn’t need credits to transfer.

Are these transfer rules temporary ow or permanent? Losing Groulx now how does our depth at wr look and with these new rules what’s to stop every kid who realizes they are not going to be a starter from running to a new team in hopes of finding time?

Are these transfer rules temporary ow or permanent? Losing Groulx now how does our depth at wr look and with these new rules what’s to stop every kid who realizes they are not going to be a starter from running to a new team in hopes of finding time?

Scholarship availability, particularly at this time of year.

Our depth is the same as if we had Groulx. He was not good. No where near an ACC caliber reciever.

well then pick another school where we've had a transfer, like East Tennessee State

they're not all stronger than U of I

May have to do with choice of courses. Wake is very, very picky about courses. Washington may have taken some that didn't pass muster with Wake Registrar people.

which circles back to the initial point of how this was not vetted at the time of transfer

His Illinois bio lists his major as recreation, sport and tourism. Maybe some of those early major course credits didn't transfer over to whatever he was planning to major in at Wake.
https://fightingillini.com/sports/football/roster/casey-washington/10226

Maybe so but the point is "they" should have known that before he got here. Not two months into him being here and already started practicing! If I were him & Coach Clawson, I would think they are both pissed and some academic heads are rolling

Back