• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

LOL!
See if you can arrange a few more of those for us, please

Can someone explain to me why Wake will accept transfer credits from University Louisiana Monroe, but not from schools like Illinois or others?

Can someone explain to me why Wake will accept transfer credits from University Louisiana Monroe, but not from schools like Illinois or others?

It’s probably not as simple as “ULM credits good and Illinois credits bad” and comes down to individual classes the student has taken. Also, this player has four years of eligibility left so even if we didn’t take any credits he still has time to earn a degree.

It’s probably not as simple as “ULM credits good and Illinois credits bad” and comes down to individual classes the student has taken. Also, this player has four years of eligibility left so even if we didn’t take any credits he still has time to earn a degree.

This is correct

In other words, we wouldn't be able to take this exact same player from ULM if he were a So or JR, unless he was willing to lose all of his credits, forfeit most likely a year of eligibility, and start from scratch to earn his degree.

I'd be willing to bet very few, if any of his credits from ULM were transferrable, but he's OK with that given he has 4 years of eligibility to complete his degree at Wake.

Pointer is a freshman who has probably only taken Gen Ed classes that may transfer over and he has four more years of eligibility.

The Illinois player was a sophomore who had already started a major I’m pretty sure that Wake doesn’t have.

Pointer is a freshman who has probably only taken Gen Ed classes that may transfer over and he has four more years of eligibility.

The Illinois player was a sophomore who had already started a major I’m pretty sure that Wake doesn’t have.

Yeah I was really bummed we couldn't get Casey Washington in. His stats with Illinois were misleading, as their passing attach was nonexistent. We HAVE to figure out a way to get some of these kids in if we are going to be able to take that next step, especially with the new transfer "trend".

But I guess I overlooked the part where we don't offer a major he is after. Perhaps without that hurdle we would have figured out how to get him in.

From Wake academic perspective, this guy is probably an incoming freshman. As noted, he has four years of athletic eligibility to complete a degree at Wake. Any ULM credits are gravy.

Wake is one of the stricter schools with respect to requiring specific classes/groups of classes to be considered an academic junior/senior.

From Wake academic perspective, this guy is probably an incoming freshman. As noted, he has four years of athletic eligibility to complete a degree at Wake. Any ULM credits are gravy.

Wake is one of the stricter schools with respect to requiring specific classes/groups of classes to be considered an academic junior/senior.

Not all bad. Damn few things of mine have appreciated as much as my Wake Forest degree.

Wake Football posted a graphic with the graduating football deacs and there were some really impressive majors. I have to imagine that helps with some of the parents.

Malik has 4 years of eligibility remaining.

I think he played this past spring at Richmond but the 2020-2021 season doesn't count towards eligibility. Does that mean he could redshirt at Wake this year and still play 4 or 5 games and keep 4 years of eligibility?

Wake Football posted a graphic with the graduating football deacs and there were some really impressive majors. I have to imagine that helps with some of the parents.

Redd and Chapman earned MAs in 5 years. Diemel and Jovanovic got that mythical Wake Forest Engineering BS degree. Will be nice to show that to recruits so we don't lose them to VT, GT, and Stanford.

Redd and Chapman earned MAs in 5 years. Diemel and Jovanovic got that mythical Wake Forest Engineering BS degree. Will be nice to show that to recruits so we don't lose them to VT, GT, and Stanford.

Duke has Engineering, as well, and IIRC our major includes or used to include a lot of Duke courses.

Back