• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

He could have pulled a Chris Weinke.

Two more over the last couple of days

Derrell Johnson- OT, Jacksonville, a couple P5 offers
Andre Hodge- DB, For Mill, 6'1? We are going for some big corners now

Still hoping we can grab a ball-hawking safety and a pass catching TE, I feel like those two positions were part of the football resurgence we had.

Still hoping we can grab a ball-hawking safety and a pass catching TE, I feel like those two positions were part of the football resurgence we had.

Are these two very late '21 offers or more offers for '22?

Hell yes. Better players, better coaching (minus Lobo) and TE, S, and OL.

For OL, as an example, recently we have been lucky, very lucky, to have the Beef Boys. Yet, they are not as good as the line with Vallos, Justice, DeGeare...

Same at safety since Bates, very lucky to have Bates as a win over Texas A&M is pretty darn great, has graduated. Not as strong as needed, and walk-ons forced to play is not a good solution (see: UNC game debacle).

Tommy Bebie LB from Rocky River, Ohio, bunch of MAC offers and WVU. Needs to put weight but fits the mold of what we are looking to do on D.

We got a LB like everyone was hoping for

Tommy Bebie LB from Rocky River, Ohio, bunch of MAC offers and WVU. Needs to put weight but fits the mold of what we are looking to do on D.

We got a LB like everyone was hoping for

It's a little concerning that he has zero stars. Hope that means the ratings services guys just never saw him play.

Definitely sounds like a guy who needs good moves in the buffet line and weight room.

It's a little concerning that he has zero stars. Hope that means the ratings services guys just never saw him play.

Definitely sounds like a guy who needs good moves in the buffet line and weight room.

He camped this weekend and got an offer and committed only in a couple days. Everyone says Clawson doesn't care about stars, so I guess he looked good at camp. I agree, he needs to bulk up though.

You need to watch his highlight videos and read what coaches have to say about him. This may ease your concerns.

He camped this weekend and got an offer and committed only in a couple days. Everyone says Clawson doesn't care about stars, so I guess he looked good at camp. I agree, he needs to bulk up though.

You need to watch his highlight videos and read what coaches have to say about him. This may ease your concerns.

I feel better now that he actually has some ratings. #50 in Ohio is not too shabby. I also like that he had offers from Ivies and Service Academies. Wake academics shouldn't be an issue.

Sounds like Clawson & company found this guy and got his commitment just before his recruiting was about to blow up. Good work.

Deacs land WR Jadyn Girard out of Tampa. Offers from MD,Pitt, Wazzu among others.

Vandy, Duke and Northwestern all have some pretty solid recruiting classes right now. Smart kids are getting harder to get. Would you say Wake is on par with these schools academically or a step below?

Vandy, Duke and Northwestern all have some pretty solid recruiting classes right now. Smart kids are getting harder to get. Would you say Wake is on par with these schools academically or a step below?

US News rankings has those three above Wake. So that is one data set that says they are a step or two above Wake. But that is not the only measuring stick out there.

2021 US News Rankings of Private Power V Conference schools:

6. Stanford
9. Northwestern
12. Duke
14. Vandy
19. Notre Dame
24. USC
28. Wake Forest
35. BC
49. Miami
58. Cuse
76. Baylor
80. TCU

US News rankings has those three above Wake. So that is one data set that says they are a step or two above Wake. But that is not the only measuring stick out there.

Those rankings are in part buoyed by the relative size of the schools and academic offerings and the strength of their graduate and professional schools.

Back