• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Offers from Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Penn State, USC, VaTech, UVA et al??
How is he a 3-star??

I've read there is a massive increase in uncommittable offers recently. Now that whole idea is stupid, but apparently it is routine in recruiting.

I've read there is a massive increase in uncommittable offers recently. Now that whole idea is stupid, but apparently it is routine in recruiting.

Well, it tells kids that schools are "sorta interested." However, if I was a recruitable athlete and got such an offer from my dream school, I might be upset. Do we know when kids find out whether a particular offer is commitable?

Well, it tells kids that schools are "sorta interested." However, if I was a recruitable athlete and got such an offer from my dream school, I might be upset. Do we know when kids find out whether a particular offer is commitable?

it depends - sometimes a few weeks after they commit

It blows my mind that a kid would get an offer and commit on Twitter but not commit to the coach.

It blows my mind that a kid would get an offer and commit on Twitter but not commit to the coach.

I can posit a thought process like the following:

The recruiter/coach almost always follows the recruit on Twitter etc. Therefore, publicly announcing a commitment on Twitter informs the recruiting coach.

That is horrible logic. But yeah, they may be what they’re thinking.

I can posit a thought process like the following:

The recruiter/coach almost always follows the recruit on Twitter etc. Therefore, publicly announcing a commitment on Twitter informs the recruiting coach.

This sounds like agreeing to a business contract via Twitter rather than actuality signing a document. Don’t think that would work to well in the real world…….and it’s not working well for too many high school players.

This sounds like agreeing to a business contract via Twitter rather than actuality signing a document. Don’t think that would work to well in the real world…….and it’s not working well for too many high school players.

They can't officially sign the Letter of Intent until signing days in December and February. Verbal/internet commitments are all that can happen the rest of the year.

https://247sports.com/player/demond-claiborne-46108983/

This kid is committing somewhere today. It was understood UVA had a lead on us over the last couple of months but there's some chatter we **might** have made up some ground. He'd be a tremendous commit if he chooses us.

When I looked at the linked profile, I was surprised to see Wake had 8 RB on roster, with one commit. When I looked at the Wake roster, surprise, six, yep 6 of te listed RB's are freshmen! That seems like a lot of guys in one class for a position where Wake mostly uses one guy at a time.

Huge win over UVA. Claiborne has a nice offer list:

WF
UVA
WV
VT
Vandy
Purdue
And essentially every good non-Power V program on the East Coast.

Is Claiborne our highest ranked RB recruit since they've been ranking them?

Carney/Claiborne will be a VERY nice duo in the backfield for 4 years.

Is Claiborne our highest ranked RB recruit since they've been ranking them?

Carney/Claiborne will be a VERY nice duo in the backfield for 4 years.

I'm excited about Claiborne, but Josh Adams blows his recruiting profile away. Top-150 national recruit, top-10 RB, offers from LSU, UGA, and a ton of others.

Back