• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Wesley Grimes, WR, Raleigh, got a crystal ball prediction for Wake. He is clearly the top target at the moment. I think everyone can agree, the addition of a highly regarded WR would be a boon for this recruiting class.

Wesley Grimes, WR, Raleigh, got a crystal ball prediction for Wake. He is clearly the top target at the moment. I think everyone can agree, the addition of a highly regarded WR would be a boon for this recruiting class.

Would be a nice pick up for the Groulx fail.

You can’t lump in injuries with a 4* who didn’t perform at all then transferred with no takers.

You can’t lump in injuries with a 4* who didn’t perform at all then transferred with no takers.

Yes, I can. I said for various reasons. We’ve had injuries, sitting out and just not cutting it. All contributed to disappointing results.
If these 3 guys all played 4 years at Wake, at the level we expected them to, we would likely have the best overall receiver corp in the country.

Was it Groulx who had that critical 3rd down drop against UNC last year?

Yeah, give Bubble Boy and me a little help here, please

I believe he is technically still in the portal but he’s transferring to UNCC. There may be a scholarship issue that won’t put him on scholly until January. Everything he likes on Twitter is UNCC football so that’s where he’s going.

I believe he is technically still in the portal but he’s transferring to UNCC. There may be a scholarship issue that won’t put him on scholly until January. Everything he likes on Twitter is UNCC football so that’s where he’s going.

So he's going to be a 2019 4* recruit walking on for a C-USA team in 2021.

Last edited:
More than just Groulx.
We’ve had Groulx, Surratt and now Greene who have not performed as expected, for various reasons.

i am... more than confused on lumping Surratt and Greene in anywhere near the same sentence as Nolan Groulx

i am... more than confused on lumping Surratt and Greene in anywhere near the same sentence as Nolan Groulx

True. Plus Greene can still be classified as a freshman next season in his 3rd year at Wake even though he has already played 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Figure this goes here.

[h=1]How a shady high school football team faked its way onto ESPN[/h]
https://www.sbnation.com/2021/8/30/22648535/bishop-sycamore-football-img-espn

Max Preps shows Bishop Sycamore as being based out of Columbus, Ohio. It’s an online-only charter school. The school’s “website,” which deserves mocking quotations, has a blank page in its “about us” section, makes zero mention of education whatsoever, but does have a blog ... that’s basically a recipe for football players to get noticed by recruiters.

So, while technically listed as a “school,” almost nothing is known about Bishop Sycamore. The school is not listed in the directory of the Ohio High School Athletic Association. We know the team exists, we know it played last season and this was the start of its second year — the rest is all mystifying.

Where this really became alarming is when people began digging into the school more. On Friday Bishop Sycamore played Sto-Rox High School in Pennsylvania, losing 19-7. A highlight was posted from the game of a player, which was retweeted by the Bishop Sycamore Twitter account.

This is horrible:

Back