• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...-Demon-Deacons-football-recruiting-170454309/

"Coach Higgins has talked to me many times about how I am versatile player," Grimes said. "He talked about how he can put my on the outside, put me at slot. They plan on using me in different types of ways, and moving me around and finding ways to get me the ball. He talked about using me in different ways."

That would be interesting.

Academics played a big role in Grimes' decision, and the feel of Wake Forest, especially the small class sizes, hit home with him.
"I feel like that is perfect for me," he said. "After talking with my family, the small classrooms and everything being kind of compact and together, it's a plus because I will be three or five minutes from my classroom, I won't have to get on a bus or go 15 minutes to get to my class.
"They have smart classrooms so I will have a great relationship with my professor and so whenever I need help with something, I will have that relationship."
The small campus and student body was something Grimes liked when he was on campus.
"I feel like you'll know everybody at the school," he said. "It will become like a family environment. On my visit, it felt like a bubble-type thing. Everything is in its own little world and I just loved it there."

If we could get most of the 3 and 4 star prospects who want that type of atmosphere, we'll be in business.

Verrrry nice. Dude is a baller. Having a great senior season thru 3 games.

Wesley Grimes, WR, Raleigh, got a crystal ball prediction for Wake. He is clearly the top target at the moment. I think everyone can agree, the addition of a highly regarded WR would be a boon for this recruiting class.

Great news that he picked Wake.

Welcome!

Great pickup! Welcome Wesley.

A ton of commits and recruits are attending the big game. Hopefully, the fans and players make a great showing.

Interesting article in The Athletic about recruiting and rankings. A little perspective on why some teams have great recruiting rankings but relatively poor performance.

“USC always is gonna be ranked top 10 in recruiting but that’s because when you commit to USC you’re all of a sudden ‘a great’ recruit,’” one of the former assistants said. “We had coaches in the building who knew the guys at (the recruiting sites) and they’d call them, ‘Hey I need you to rate this kid as a 4-star before I take his commitment.’ That’s the way that stuff works.

Link to article

Future football players in Florida are born with one star. So four stars are really threes. Same as Texas.

Future football players in Florida are born with one star. So four stars are really threes. Same as Texas.

The article I quoted and linked was about USC and California recruits. However, your point stands. Unless, the particular recruit leaves the state to go to Wake. Then the services subtract a star.

The article I quoted and linked was about USC and California recruits. However, your point stands. Unless, the particular recruit leaves the state to go to Wake. Then the services subtract a star.

You get what you pay for.........

How many scholarships do we have left? Are we targeting any big names? Feel like there has been radio silence lately. 5-0 start certainly helps.

Back