• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Ruggiero could teach this offense to anyone. His track record proves that. QB is the last position I'm worried about as long as he is here.

Hartman's X factor hasn't been his arm or his legs, but the ice water running through his veins.

Just curious how Tanner Price would have fared under the current regime and scheme. Felt bad for him running for his life in the Lobo/Grass Picker system.

It's speculative, but I bet we lose at least 1 from the QB room to transfer this offseason. The longevity that Covid has given to Hartman will ripple through that room. I'd look first at Kerns -- does he want to spend 5 years in college so he can maybe start 1 as a 6th year? Griffis I think will stay due to his brother. But I could also see the log-jam scaring off one of Marucci or Edwards.

Any word on mid-season transfers in to the program? Maybe we can take advantage of our success to grab a few studs who are unhappy elsewhere...

It's speculative, but I bet we lose at least 1 from the QB room to transfer this offseason. The longevity that Covid has given to Hartman will ripple through that room. I'd look first at Kerns -- does he want to spend 5 years in college so he can maybe start 1 as a 6th year? Griffis I think will stay due to his brother. But I could also see the log-jam scaring off one of Marucci or Edwards.

Pretty sure Kearn is going to transfer, but I could be wrong. Mitch and Brett Griffis look to be in line to take the reigns when Hartman leaves

Grimes was offered by ND. Not good.

At this point we can just sit Grimes down and show him a feature length film about the pretty much unknown guys that we’ve turned into stars at WR. Freaking Alex Bachman made it to the NFL!

6’2 282 lbs. PWO from Iowa. Had offers from Davidson and Butler, had on campus invites from Vandy and Iowa- looks like he camped at almost every Ivy League school last summer.

Last edited:
6’2 282 lbs. PWO from Iowa. Had offers from Davidson and Butler, had on campus invites from Vandy and Iowa- looks like he camped at almost every Ivy League school last summer.

AIR, the OG Grippo kid was a PWO and he seems to be definitely in the plans going forward.

The 23s seemed most impressed. I suspect that group will grow. Clawson could get some worthy looks from 4* but 4*s have not panned out as well as 3*.

The 23s seemed most impressed. I suspect that group will grow. Clawson could get some worthy looks from 4* but 4*s have not panned out as well as 3*.

I don’t think the stats bear that out. There’s just a much bigger pool of 3*s.

I don’t think the stats bear that out. There’s just a much bigger pool of 3*s.

Nobody really blinks when a 3* leaves the Wake team for whatever reason except early entry to NFL. Because Wake has so few 4* guys, every one is scrutinized from commitment to departure. Would be really great to parlay the success on the field the last few years into some higher rated recruits.

IMHO, the higher the rank of the recruit, the motelikely it is to be accurate. The rating services spend more time on the top guys than the guys lower in their rankings.

Clawson has said multiple times he does not pay any attention to the Star system.

Yeah, I'm sure he has no idea that the rankings show that he has a bunch of 2-stars and 3-stars for the second to worst class ranked in the ACC every year.

Yeah, I'm sure he has no idea that the rankings show that he has a bunch of 2-stars and 3-stars for the second to worst class ranked in the ACC every year.

All the commits for 22 are 3 star or higher except for the kicker who is a two star, but top 10 at his position nationally.

Back