• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

True. I tend to look at Wolford as the exception though since he's a NFL QB.

True. I tend to look at Wolford as the exception though since he's a NFL QB.

Interesting the two QBs in the championship game were under 6 feet, not to mention Murray, Baker are not that tall.

Interesting the two QBs in the championship game were under 6 feet, not to mention Murray, Baker are not that tall.

Announcers were saying that Stetson Bennett IV is listed at 5-11. Their reaction was "not." More like 5-9.

That would require Clawson letting them make reads rather than just run out the clock.

This just let the future qb's run the regular offense a couple of drives on blowouts it's not poor sportsmanship it's preparation for the future.

Heights are pretty commonly inflated; e.g. Hinton was listed as 6' but measured at just under 5'10.5", and Wake listed Dortch at 5'9".

Would suspect the same is true with the Griffis bros, who might be even shorter than they are listed. But as stated earlier, being short isn't a death sentence and we always seem to tweak our offense based on our QB.

Given how many QBs are on the roster, it is safe to bet the next multi season starter is currently enrolled at Wake.

But I can’t help thinking that with the ACC Atlantic Championship, #15 AP, and #5 scoring offense Clawson and Ruggiero can get interest from better QBs than in the last few years. Clawson has no problem starting a true freshman QB.

It is kind of nuts that we will have had four four year starters in a row: Skinner, Price, Wolford, and then Hartman who will end up as a four year starter even with the Newman interruption.

Those are the only QBs to start more than 2 games between 2006 and 2021, right? Mauk started one and Hodges started two I think.

Oh yeah. Shouldn’t forget Hinton.

While I agree that this would be the time to strike on a highly rated QB recruit using Hartman, Wolford and Newman's success at the position, the willingness to play a QB early, the position being wide open and our status as a program on the rise, it seems like an objectively terrible idea to put a true freshman under center in 2023. There will be at least 4 new starters on the OL and possibly 5 depending on who replaces Tom, Perry will likely go to the NFL and Greene assuming he returns to form will also be likely to be drafted with his size and speed if he decides to leave. It's a major rebuilding year for the offense and an extremely difficult position to put a true freshman into. Getting a bridge year from one of the older guys while the younger guy gets a redshirt year in would be the ideal situation if we were to get a highly rated QB.

Sure. Both require going all in for some top QBs. We don’t really need a QB in this class anyway so it’s a low risk move.

Back