• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Saw headline that 7 crimson tide and 2 Dawgs have entered portal and sounds like one is a LB that got some time with UGA. Go get'em!

Saw headline that 7 crimson tide and 2 Dawgs have entered portal and sounds like one is a LB that got some time with UGA. Go get'em!

One is also a Bama TE that I believe was preseason 1st Team All-SEC.

One is also a Bama TE that I believe was preseason 1st Team All-SEC.

Correct that would be Billingsley and it is a LB from Bama that played in most all of the games with some nice stats for a guy that wasn't a starter. Article said it "stung the most", so definitely a guy you should go all in for.....

The Bama LB is really more of a 3-4 edge rusher than a 4-3 off ball LB so not really what we are looking for but also not someone you would say no to if he was interested.

The TE is a guy that was in Saban's dog house and only played because they had no other options. Supposedly skipped a practice or two at some point. Not a guy I can see Clawson wanting to bring in even though he is ridiculously talented.

if we're flirting with preseason top 10 - should be fun to see if we can get some big time defensive transfers that will be able to play right away

if we're flirting with preseason top 10 - should be fun to see if we can get some big time defensive transfers that will be able to play right away

Completely agree. For once these crazy "too early to rank" polls could be valuable in recruiting transfers especially when the recurring refrain is "top O in the land outside OSU and Alabama" knowing our D is so bad and that if they can convince some they are essentially a guaranteed starter and will get lots of pub for turning a D around going from worse to respectable could be very appealing especially with Lambert as the new guy in town who has a proven track record...

Completely agree. For once these crazy "too early to rank" polls could be valuable in recruiting transfers especially when the recurring refrain is "top O in the land outside OSU and Alabama" knowing our D is so bad and that if they can convince some they are essentially a guaranteed starter and will get lots of pub for turning a D around going from worse to respectable could be very appealing especially with Lambert as the new guy in town who has a proven track record...

How many actual scholarships do we have open for portal transfers? Can't be many.

One or two big, SEC-fast linebackers would be top of my list of wants.

I believe negative one right now, until someone transfers out (and we have an offer out to the grad transfer TE)

That is the challenge for us……and likely for many other teams.
The portal is kinda like musical chairs. Once everybody start moving around, there’s not enough seats to sit back down. Enter at your own risk.

That is the challenge for us……and likely for many other teams.
The portal is kinda like musical chairs. Once everybody start moving around, there’s not enough seats to sit back down. Enter at your own risk.

This situation is worse this year than it has been, and will be until the players with extra Covid season eligibility are out of the system. Everybody counts against the 85 scholarship limit this season, unlike last year, when your own players returning for an extra year did not. Wake has six guys returning for a 6th season. Those guys are occupying roster spots that otherwise would go to incoming freshmen or transfers from the portal. There may be more roster movement late in the semester, after spring practice and graduation.

I didn't realize u*NC had so many players go into the portal. Freshman linebacker, Trevion Stevenson, hit it recently. He had switched his commitment multiple times. Big kid, 6-4, 240, 3 star when he committed. Now he is listed as a 6-3, 217 edge rusher. Color me confused on what he is.

NCSU has very few while WF has 5. Not sure what to make of any of it except coaches have to keep their heads on a swivel. UNCCH with 11.

Andrew Rappleya, a '23 4 star TE and younger brother of Wake tackle Allan, has committed to Michigan. Wake was his first offer. Still holding out hope that we can reunite the Petitbon brothers, as Carson is '23 QB for Gonzaga putting up numbers.

feels like we have everything in place to land a really highly-ranked qb in the next class.

Andrew Rappleya, a '23 4 star TE and younger brother of Wake tackle Allan, has committed to Michigan. Wake was his first offer. Still holding out hope that we can reunite the Petitbon brothers, as Carson is '23 QB for Gonzaga putting up numbers.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Carson's recruitment after the 2022 season. Kid has mad skills and Gonzaga is a factory (most recent QB was Caleb Williams) but his size is a concern at 5'10". His HS team will be very good in 2022, definitely one of the best in the DMV.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Carson's recruitment after the 2022 season. Kid has mad skills and Gonzaga is a factory (most recent QB was Caleb Williams) but his size is a concern at 5'10". His HS team will be very good in 2022, definitely one of the best in the DMV.

Clawson really hasn't been afraid to offer short QBs. The way it looks right now, QB doesn't seem to be a major concern in the 2023 class. With the 4 offers we have out to QBs right now, only Creed Whittemore looks to be the only maybe, and he is listed as an ATH not QB on 247, most likely due to lack of arm strength. Along with Carson, I would love Clawson to take a look at Dante Reno, class of '24, whose dad is the coach at Yale and Brennan Storer, class of '23, who is QB at Highland Park here in Dallas.

Back