• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I would love to watch a 30 for 30 type documentary about why football recruiting rankings are so skewed. I mean, I know the answers - but it would be good to hear others talk about how schools like Wake can exploit it year after year.

Different scouts look for different things, and have different prejudices and biases. Coaches look for their own things. Its all in the eye of the beholder. A 5 star is easy to pick out, but what are the differences between a 4 star and a 3 star? There is white WR from Massachusetts who plays in a prep school league with offers from all of the blue bloods, but he is a 3 star athlete. Is it because of the level of competition, or it will be tough to predict what position he will play at the next level? Dabo and Saban dont seem to care about that though. Its an art not a science.

Follow the money. Recruiting sites are for profit enterprises and they cater to their paying customers. Wake fan base is not as profitable as the big boys. Pretty simple in essence.

Another side of this is a story about an assistant coach from a blue blood asking a recruiting service person "as a favor" to "bump up" a guy he was recruiting because his school wouldn't be happy if he was recruiting someone ranked so low.

So it can become a circular argument. The player is highly rated, that's why blue bloods are chasing him, or, blue bloods are after this guy, he must be good and deserves a high rating.

Follow the money. Recruiting sites are for profit enterprises and they cater to their paying customers. Wake fan base is not as profitable as the big boys. Pretty simple in essence.

So are you going to report them to Biden's disinformation board?

dang so now we have 6 defensive line commits, 1 safety, and a TE

seems like the priority is defense

dang so now we have 6 defensive line commits, 1 safety, and a TE

seems like the priority is defense

247 has the positions wrong compared to what’s been reported.

Sam Williams is listed at TE but reported at DL
George Steih is listed at DL but reported at OL

So it’s 2 OL, 5 DL, 1 S.

Sounds like it’s between State and Wake…..at least for now.

Yeah, he's been picking up offers like crazy lately, so I'm not gonna be surprised if bigger schools follow.

Got another one.

Kyland Armstrong, 6'3 285 lb lineman from Orange Park, Florida. Only other offer was Bowling Green.

The staff must have been hungry this offseason, because they are filling up on beef.

Got another one.

Kyland Armstrong, 6'3 285 lb lineman from Orange Park, Florida. Only other offer was Bowling Green.

The staff must have been hungry this offseason, because they are filling up on beef.

Speaking of Beef, supposedly he’s only 16 years old. Just wait til he grows up!
Beef Boys!

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...ew-Pickett-commits-to-Wake-Forest--187521465/

Wake Forest Football got a massive victory on the recruiting trail this weekend, as three-star 2023 Russell County (Deatsville, AL) High School running back Drew Pickett announced his commitment to the Demon Deacons.

Pickett selected Wake Forest over offers from Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Michigan State and Georgia Tech. He's also visited the likes of Notre Dame and Ohio State. Last season, the 5-foot-10, 190-pound tailback rushed for 1,352 yards and 11 touchdowns for Russell County.

Hot damn

Feels like I say this every time. You love when recruits say the recruiting pitch. Wow.

"I've really started picking up on Wake Forest recently," Pickett said. "The history and trajectory of the program is amazing. It's a small school that does big things."

Having been all over on visits, Pickett likes what he sees in the facilities on campus in Winston-Salem.

"Wake Forest has top-notch facilities," he said. "It's not lesser than any other programs. It's right up there with them, and they are still adding more to it."

I like his Hudl clip. The first three plays show what he can do. Speed, power, shiftiness.

Last edited:
Back