• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

and looks like at least half the Deacs are recent UDFA that probably won't make a roster or are practice squad guys (current or future)

Times are changing. I expect a couple Deacs to be drafted every year from here on out.

and looks like at least half the Deacs are recent UDFA that probably won't make a roster or are practice squad guys (current or future)

However, Jesse Bates being discussed in who is the "best safety in NFL" conversation is helping change perceptions.

Playing CB at Wake should get you lots of game film.

Not sure if this is a dig at Wake or because Wake has a high scoring offense forcing opponents to pass more.

Not sure if this is a dig at Wake or because Wake has a high scoring offense forcing opponents to pass more.

Wake offense puts up lots of points. Opposing offenses need to try and keep up. Hence, they have to pass. Also, Wake's tempo leads to lots of possessions and lots of plays, both on O and D. Therefore, lots of game reps for Wake DB's.

I stand by my statement for someone of Robinson's pedigree. WF is the better development program for his NFL future. It is not so much where WF and the others have been as much as where WF is headed compared to many of the others (not all) that should matter to anyone. Those historical numbers are changing going forward. Plus, if WF appears to some to be football desert then Robinson will definitely stand out.

As an aside in selection of equities too heavy of a reliance on historical PEs can lead to missing the accelerated growth phase of any organization.

interesting:

interesting:

Does this mean Wake is going away from the predictive algorithm from Purdue? Northwestern? That algorithm worked well.

Or is this additional resources in the talent evaluation side?

If I remember correctly, the predictive algorithm from Northwestern is about making recruiting more efficient. This seems to be about talent evaluation.

In your face Texas (and almost everyone else)!!!

Photo on his twitter with him wearing the deacon tophat and the purple tinted sunglasses is incredible. Great get!

Love his quote:

“They win games, they put DBs in the NFL and they are one of the top teams in the ACC”

70% of this class is rivals 1000 players. In the past, we would have 3 or 4 maybe?

and most on the defensive side of the ball.

Photo on his twitter with him wearing the deacon tophat and the purple tinted sunglasses is incredible. Great get!

Can you post it? I'm not on Twitter and it won't let me scroll that far.

Back