• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Without a single NC commit. That's pretty weird, but I certainly don't mind.

According to Rivals, Wake has 17th best class in country right now. That is absolutely mind boggling to me.

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

That's a little misleading because there are only 5 P5 schools ranked lower than Wake that have the same number or more commits than Wake. Plenty of those teams will catch up.

But this class should be better than our usual ranking in the low-60s. As someone pointed out above, we have 9 top 1000 recruits so far. Last year's small class had 5 top 1000 out of 13 (ranked #71). 2021 had 2 top 1000 out of 20 (ranked #68). 2020 had 3 top 100 out of 23 (ranked #63). 2019 had 5 top 100 out of 21 (ranked #60). So this class should end up somewhere in the 40s at least.

Some P5 schools will catch up in rankings but other schools will fall as they already have 18/20/21 signed recruits. We have 13.

Also, Dave Cohen listed as #16 recruiter with 5 signees that are decent

Some will fall, but all but two schools ahead of Wake have 2+ 4* commits which should keep them pretty high on the list.

We may get more but we’d have to get 2-3 more to stay in the top 30.

Classes are also heavily weighted towards numbers it seems and with our retention/development , we always have small classes and that drops us down the list. Stars are what they are but the average rating shows we are recruiting more highly regarded prospects.

Rushaun Tongue announcing today. I believe it's down to VT, MD and the DEACS.

He doesn't have a ranking on 247 yet, but when he does, I anticipate a high 3 star rating

I like the On3 RPM, but like with any projection system, it's only as accurate as the info put in there. And well, it's heavily favoring BC because that's the only place they've inputted him having taken an official visit(which isn't true)

This gives me a raging Vibe On

VIBES!!!!

giphy.gif

The Wake defensive coaches are killing it on the recruiting trail! Kudos! Looking like one of the best classes in WF history.

Back