• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I watched Greene play tonight. He won't have big stats because his QB can't throw the ball and his coach doesn't use any imagination to get the ball into his hands. He returned an interception 95 yards for a TD but only had 2 catches. He's a legit 6'3", has long arms, big hands and can fly. He's a great leaper in basketball. He's definitely an ACC athlete and we need to wrap him up before he gets more P5 offers. It would really suck if Fedora came in late to steal him. We had him in camp this summer and were the first to offer.

Sounds like he is being defended with the HS equivalent of the Reggie Ball defense Wake used on Calvin Johnson in the ACC title game.

"He won't have big stats because his QB can't throw the ball and his coach doesn't use any imagination to get the ball into his hands."

Sounds familiar.

Devonte Gordon, the 4 star OL that committed a month ago is now downgraded to a three star on rivals. Again, another classic example of how the affect the school a player commits to will change your rankings. Most on here called it.

Devonte Gordon, the 4 star OL that committed a month ago is now downgraded to a three star on rivals. Again, another classic example of how the affect the school a player commits to will change your rankings. Most on here called it.

I believe all on here called that.

Sam Hartman was sharp again this week as Oceanside Collegiate downed Academic Magnet School (Charleston, SC) by a final of 46-7.

Hartman played a little over 2 quarters, passed for 299 and 6 TD's. He also had 1 rushing TD.

Academic Magnet is in Class AAA. This week Oceanside will play Class AAAAA James Island.

Sam Hartman was sharp again this week as Oceanside Collegiate downed Academic Magnet School (Charleston, SC) by a final of 46-7.

Hartman played a little over 2 quarters, passed for 299 and 6 TD's. He also had 1 rushing TD.

Academic Magnet is in Class AAA. This week Oceanside will play Class AAAAA James Island.

Hate to say it, but James Island sucks ass too, from what I can tell.

they're 0-2 and 162 in the State. Hartman needs to show out again in this game.

Hate to say it, but James Island sucks ass too, from what I can tell.

they're 0-2 and 162 in the State. Hartman needs to show out again in this game.[/QUOTE

James Island is definitely a lower rung program, but they are still a 5-A school and if Hartman can look good against them that would huge. Especially considering Oceanside is only playing their second season of football and went 0-8 last year.

James Island is definitely a lower rung program, but they are still a 5-A school and if Hartman can look good against them that would huge. Especially considering Oceanside is only playing their second season of football and went 0-8 last year.

Every time I see "Oceanside" I think Saved By The Bell (still love you, Tiffani Thiessen)

I know, I know, it's Bayside. Details.

James Island is a charter school. Size has little to do with the quality of athletic talent. I'll bet they field good golf, tennis and cross country teams. Football not so much....

Every time I see "Oceanside" I think Saved By The Bell (still love you, Tiffani Thiessen)

I know, I know, it's Bayside. Details.

I always think of James Johnson and that tournament in LA. I think he was originally from Oceanside or something. He would run down the court holding his hands making an "O" sign. See below.

1236061272.jpg

James Island is a charter school. Size has little to do with the quality of athletic talent. I'll bet they field good golf, tennis and cross country teams. Football not so much....

They only went the charter route a few years ago. The school opened in the early 80's and only became a charter school a few years ago to get out from under the Charleston Co. School Board's control.

I always think of James Johnson and that tournament in LA. I think he was originally from Oceanside or something. He would run down the court holding his hands making an "O" sign. See below.

1236061272.jpg

James Johnson was from Wyoming at the time

He grew up in Oceanside, went to hs in WY

Donavan Greene (pending 2019 WR commit from Mt. Airy HS) had a big night against Elkin. Maxpreps has the highlights. YouTube has his 2016 basketball highlights. This kid can jump out of the gym.

Donavan Greene (pending 2019 WR commit from Mt. Airy HS) had a big night against Elkin. Maxpreps has the highlights. YouTube has his 2016 basketball highlights. This kid can jump out of the gym.

Do you live in Mount Airy 22?

Do you live in Mount Airy 22?

Moved to North Myrtle 2 years ago but still have a house in Mt. Airy. My law firm's advertisement still plays on the WFU radio network during football and basketball broadcasts.

Last edited:
Moved to North Myrtle 2 years ago but still have a house in Mt. Airy, which I visit occasionally. My law firm's advertisement still plays on the WFU radio network during football and basketball telecasts.

My wife grew up there, so I'm there frequently. maybe I'll check out a game and give my amateur scouting opinion.

Back