• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

My wife grew up there, so I'm there frequently. maybe I'll check out a game and give my amateur scouting opinion.
MAHS has a home this Friday against Eden Morehead. Give us your opinion on Greene if you can make the game or another one this season. I'm glad Clawson got on him early because lots of schools are offering now.

I grew up in the area and still have friends/neighbor's that coach in the old NW1A and other local High Schools. Greene may very well be the second coming but i'd pump the brakes a bit. 95% chance that he won't step on the field against another kid getting a P5 offer, maybe even a D1 offer. The competition is just not good at that level of high school football.

I grew up in the area and still have friends/neighbor's that coach in the old NW1A and other local High Schools. Greene may very well be the second coming but i'd pump the brakes a bit. 95% chance that he won't step on the field against another kid getting a P5 offer, maybe even a D1 offer. The competition is just not good at that level of high school football.

Same here. I still live in the area and went to a nw1a school. The level of football being played is pretty low. It used to be a pretty good league, but the talent level has definitely dropped in the Yadkin/Surry area.

Same here. I still live in the area and went to a nw1a school. The level of football being played is pretty low. It used to be a pretty good league, but the talent level has definitely dropped in the Yadkin/Surry area.

I think North Stokes canceled their season last year mid-way through the season right?

I went to a Surry Central game (wife's homecoming) one year, and was not impressed.

I think North Stokes canceled their season last year mid-way through the season right?

I went to a Surry Central game (wife's homecoming) one year, and was not impressed.

They might not make it through this season. They sent my school a check one year to avoid playing us.

If Greene played with Sam Hartman, he would be putting up crazy numbers for catches and yardage.

Last edited:
Looking forward to his arrival. Wonder if he still is planning on coming in December?

Last edited:

They cancelled jv for the first half of the season then brought it back not enough kids at the beginning. I really think we need a new high school combining South and North

They cancelled jv for the first half of the season then brought it back not enough kids at the beginning. I really think we need a new high school combining South and North

I believe Richmond county did something similar and became a powerhouse.

Hopefully time will show we got the better QB in Newman over BC's Anthony Brown. Yesterday showed he can be rattled at least at this point in his career.

There's more news about '19 offers. We only have a few spots left with DTs and an RB on the wish list. Kendall Williams would be a welcome addition too. If we beat F$U, we'll have two commits, I guess. Until then, enjoy the season.

He was an angel sent to foretell the coming of young men who would save Wake Forest football. He has fulfilled his purpose.

He was an angel sent to foretell the coming of young men who would save Wake Forest football. He has fulfilled his purpose.

a Prophet crying in the wilderness perhaps- as foretold in God Goes Goes to Football Games- L.H. Hollingsworth Chapter 1 verse 20? Of course there is this ""If He does," went the wry word around the WF campus, "He must be sitting on the other bench." Quoth the Clawson nevermore.....

Back