• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

To paraphrase a former TV show which stared the future Herman Munster Deac 94 where are you?

Last edited:
any updates here? This weekend is supposed to be a big weekend right? Any list of visitors? Is Deac94 okay?

He seems somewhat active on twitter so just isn't posting here right now.

Les has a thread of DDD of a list of visitors. For the sake of protecting the pay wall (I don’t believe it’s on the free boards, I’m pretty busy so someone can check me on that), there are tons of visitors coming to the game Saturday - with a couple good names.

He seems somewhat active on twitter so just isn't posting here right now.

Is it possible he's working for one of the recruiting sites and not putting his info here for free?

If we win on Saturday, I could see up to 2 commits after the game. It is that much of a statement on Claws progress.

If we win on Saturday, I could see up to 2 commits after the game. It is that much of a statement on Claws progress.

That would just about fill our 2018 class, wouldn't it?

For those interested, 11 of our verbal commits are on the visitors list. 4 other targets, 20 2019 targets, and one target for the 2020 class. I think 36 visitors makes it a BIG weekend.

For those interested, 11 of our verbal commits are on the visitors list. 4 other targets, 20 2019 targets, and one target for the 2020 class. I think 36 visitors makes it a BIG weekend.

Think I've got more than that up now, and I'll reach out to Deac94 and see what's up. We've chatted in the past. Hope all is well.

Have a great weekend folks!

All is good with me. Couldn’t be better. Life has just gotten a good deal more hectic, but all good stuff.

On the 2018 recruiting front, I’m obviously very interested in the official visit from DT Shamar Jones (Johnstown, PA) this weekend. I’ve mentioned him before on this thread. He’s only slightly undersized (officially 6’0.5 / 264) with really good highlights and camp performances. Would be a very similar prospect to Sulaiman Kamara and Tyler Williams. Wake is supposedly in a head-to-head with Indiana and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jones make his decision in October.

Jones is a candidate for one of what is (for right now) thought to be two remaining scholarships. So I don’t expect too much recruiting news on the 2018 front, and I think the 2019 process is still early. Following that class will be fun because it will be bigger.

Going forward I’m not sure how much there will be for me to post on recruiting. The biggest reason is that most of the recruiting info is now on Les’ site and I don’t want to post premium info off of his site. Part of that is his switch to Scout and then with the 247 merger that means he has most of the info under his umbrella. But Wake has also continued the trend of taking under-the-radar types (zero or one P5 offer). Doesn’t bother me as fan really because I trust the staff and we’ve started to see some of these type of recruits from previous cycles contributing on the field. But it made it frustrating to spend time following – and writing about - higher profile type recruits that didn’t pan out.

However, if there is a void in recruiting info for Wake fans like there was a few years ago or I see something that Les has missed I’ll be over here to post about it. For sure.

On the field I am thrilled as anyone with the play of the team. Wolford exceeded my expectations so far. It was great watching the offense move the ball against Utah State. I think we will need more guys to step up other than Dortch/Hines/Serigne (especially when Hines gets few snaps in some games), so the performance by Scotty against App State was important and I see him as a real key to the season.

I’ve been surprised by the defensive staff’s reliance on the starting 11 so far. Lots of guys played more than 80 snaps against App. Bates (107), Glenn (102), Henderson (83), Bassey (99), Kemp (98), Ejiofor (91), Yarbary (88), Jaboree (99). Of the backups, only Strnad (30), Taylor (33) and Calhoun (39) played 30% or more of the defensive snaps (maybe fewer if you factor in that some of those snaps may have come on special teams). That leads me to worry about how our defense would perform if/when we start to see more injuries.

I haven’t been able to do my game write-ups. Just too busy. Truth be told, I haven’t even be able to rewatch any of the games so far this season. But I definitely hope to post a full breakdown of at least one game this season. Maybe more. We’ll see.

Looking forward to a great day with a bunch of great fans today…BE LOUD FOLKS…GO DEACS!!!!!!!

Last edited:
94 - glad you're good and thanks for the update.
Will miss your regular posts. I'll have to re-adjust my daily plan accordingly.
Looking forward to a great game today

Had the opportunity to watch Brandon Clark or 2019 quarterback commit from Manchester high school in Richmond. In 15 minutes of action he threw for four touchdowns ran for another one and there might of been one other I missed when he left the game still in the second quarter they had 49 points on the board . I saw him throw it for I saw him so nice feed to the corner the end zone he's able to move and throw the ball with peace and accuracy and he's a big young man and runs the ball with some authority. I was very excited that he showed a variety of abilities in a relatively short period on the field.

Ditto. My morning coffee is just not the same without some good '94 posts. Glad he is topfit.

Can't believe we are recruiting akid from Johnstown Pa. My wife's family is all from there!

Had the opportunity to watch Brandon Clark or 2019 quarterback commit from Manchester high school in Richmond. In 15 minutes of action he threw for four touchdowns ran for another one and there might of been one other I missed when he left the game still in the second quarter they had 49 points on the board . I saw him throw it for I saw him so nice feed to the corner the end zone he's able to move and throw the ball with peace and accuracy and he's a big young man and runs the ball with some authority. I was very excited that he showed a variety of abilities in a relatively short period on the field.

Good post

Well, it was fun while it lasted. We appreciate all the time you put in 94.

Back