• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Apparently Kaleb Smith decommitted and is expected to commit to VT. Didn't see it anywhere on here.

Apparently Kaleb Smith decommitted and is expected to commit to VT. Didn't see it anywhere on here.

That really sucks, and is odd since he apparently doesn't have a VT offer yet. Probably imminent I guess.

Yeah if that 4.58 40 is legit, that is great speed for a DE and good speed for an OLB too.

Johns reminds me a lot of Jacquez Williams... good athlete, good length, can pressure off the edge, and can also drop into coverage and make plays (he’s got a number of interceptions this season).

We'll never play against him, so I wish him well. We have 2 WRs and a skinny TE visiting this weekend, so this isn't a surprise to the staff. We need depth at DT anyways.

Random ghost of Christmas past, but Boulware apparently left Maryland but I couldn't find where he transferred. Anyone know?

That is quite embarrassing that he turned down a scholarship to wake to walk on at VT. To be honest, I was never that impressed with his highlights, but I guess the staff saw something. Regardless, at least it opens up a spot at another position of need.

maybe he has had a tough senior year in FB, and we encouraged him to look elsewhere? We can do better

Coaches working late last night.
I'd sent some info to one of them about a recruit.
Got a thank you email at 11 pm last night.
I'm impressed.

That is quite embarrassing that he turned down a scholarship to wake to walk on at VT. To be honest, I was never that impressed with his highlights, but I guess the staff saw something. Regardless, at least it opens up a spot at another position of need.

Best of luck to him.

“We didn’t want him anyway”

A very interesting note on the football recruiting front. It seems that will have a very good chance to flip a University of Tennessee football commit. Alontae Taylor is a four star wide receiver that is cousins with DJ Taylor. He was offered a scholarship yesterday and have recently been on an unofficial visit.

https://247sports.com/Article/Four-...ommit-Alontae-Taylor-planning-offic-108487314 (Story)

https://247sports.com/player/alontae-taylor-79050 (profile)

Official visit scheduled for Dec 2. He visits Notre Dame the week before and Tennessee the week after, and recently got an offer from Ohio State, so I won't be holding my breath

Official visit scheduled for Dec 2. He visits Notre Dame the week before and Tennessee the week after, and recently got an offer from Ohio State, so I won't be holding my breath

ND insiders (Tom Loy, who is insufferable, notably) feeling confident. Visiting tOSU in November with Cade Mays, another UT commit, and #2 LT in the country. Not thinking the Deacs have much of a chance.

Back