• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

ND insiders (Tom Loy, who is insufferable, notably) feeling confident. Visiting tOSU in November with Cade Mays, another UT commit, and #2 LT in the country. Not thinking the Deacs have much of a chance.

The article says he passed on a visit to OSU and has pretty much ruled them out.

Is this the first year of the December signing period for football? Would think that WF may be able to swoop in on some targets that have committed to schools where the coach has been or is about to be terminated.

2018 Wake Forest Football Recruiting - Jacorey Johns commits to Wake

Is this the first year of the December signing period for football? Would think that WF may be able to swoop in on some targets that have committed to schools where the coach has been or is about to be terminated.

But would they sign with us in Dec or wait?

No idea how this will change things.

PH, I see your point. Only early enrollees would sign with us in Dec. We have a stable program. I can't see a kid signing with a program that might lose its coach and staff. Even unc, with its one win record, isn't having defections, because there doesn't seem to be any talk of replacing Fedora.

"you can line up on the other side of Greg Dortch and be one of the best WR tandems in the country"

PH, I see your point. Only early enrollees would sign with us in Dec. We have a stable program. I can't see a kid signing with a program that might lose its coach and staff. Even unc, with its one win record, isn't having defections, because there doesn't seem to be any talk of replacing Fedora.

Also, players can really focus on football at U*NC since they don't have to go to classes

Last edited:
lol, as a UK football fan, Jarren Williams is one of the most frustrating recuitments I have ever seen. Dude commits to Kentucky, gets a bunch of P5 offers, de-commits, takes a few visits, re-commits, father quoted as saying his son is still looking. father says he was misquoted, promises in radio interview that Jarren is done looking and would enroll early, jarren gets major offers and takes more visits, 4 different coaching staffs "feel confident" jarren will commit to their schools, jarren sets visits to five PF schools, last one being Kentucky. Thats where we are now

lol, as a UK football fan, Jarren Williams is one of the most frustrating recuitments I have ever seen. Dude commits to Kentucky, gets a bunch of P5 offers, de-commits, takes a few visits, re-commits, father quoted as saying his son is still looking. father says he was misquoted, promises in radio interview that Jarren is done looking and would enroll early, jarren gets major offers and takes more visits, 4 different coaching staffs "feel confident" jarren will commit to their schools, jarren sets visits to five PF schools, last one being Kentucky. Thats where we are now

You're the one?

Emory Jones, #3 ranked QB from GA appears that he might decommit from tOSU and go to Bama - tOSU just offered Williams, and feel confident that they'd get him, if Jones decommits. Should be interesting.

Pretty wild that Wake would be his "dream offer". Why in the world wouldn't Clawson go ahead and pull the trigger? Would happily take two QBs of that caliber and let playing time/transfers sort themselves out way down the line.

Emory Jones, #3 ranked QB from GA appears that he might decommit from tOSU and go to Bama - tOSU just offered Williams, and feel confident that they'd get him, if Jones decommits. Should be interesting.

Pretty wild that Wake would be his "dream offer". Why in the world wouldn't Clawson go ahead and pull the trigger? Would happily take two QBs of that caliber and let playing time/transfers sort themselves out way down the line.

Maybe Hartman agreed to commit early on the agreement that he would be the only QB taken in this class? If so, you risk getting 0 QBs instead of 2 by going after another QB.

Maybe Hartman agreed to commit early on the agreement that he would be the only QB taken in this class? If so, you risk getting 0 QBs instead of 2 by going after another QB.

We've got one QB per class through 2019. We didn't need two in the 2018 class.

By the way, any word on how Newman and Bowers look in practice? Is Bowers healthy yet?

Yeah. That was from April. It was a good read.

Back