• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Wow! I am very impressed by these tapes. Kid shows really good athleticism, operates the RPO very well and makes things happen with his legs (not sure I realized that was such a good part of his game when he committed). I’m pretty sure that the level of competition he’s facing is pretty high, and he delivers a lot of balls into tight spaces. He’s a pretty big kid too. Only thing that is concerning is a bit of a funky throwing motion, but if it works it works. Very excited to see him continue to develop!

Wow! I am very impressed by these tapes. Kid shows really good athleticism, operates the RPO very well and makes things happen with his legs (not sure I realized that was such a good part of his game when he committed). I’m pretty sure that the level of competition he’s facing is pretty high, and he delivers a lot of balls into tight spaces. He’s a pretty big kid too. Only thing that is concerning is a bit of a funky throwing motion, but if it works it works. Very excited to see him continue to develop!

Definitely has a hitch in his tosses.

Sure wish '94 or someone else could summarize how many ships we still have available for this class, and who our remaining top targets are by position.

lol, as a UK football fan, Jarren Williams is one of the most frustrating recuitments I have ever seen. Dude commits to Kentucky, gets a bunch of P5 offers, de-commits, takes a few visits, re-commits, father quoted as saying his son is still looking. father says he was misquoted, promises in radio interview that Jarren is done looking and would enroll early, jarren gets major offers and takes more visits, 4 different coaching staffs "feel confident" jarren will commit to their schools, jarren sets visits to five PF schools, last one being Kentucky. Thats where we are now

and two weeks after his father called in to a Kentucky radio show to confirm Jarren's commitment, Jarren de-commits. Again. Football recruiting is a joke.

Alonta Taylor decommitted from Tennessee after Butch Jones firing. He is considering Wake, but going up against Alabama, Georgia, Louisville, and GT.

I would guess georgia tech is recruiting him as a quarterback.

Five more visitors to add to the list of attendees from Junior Day last Saturday:

Defensive End MICHAEL FAIRBANKS (McEachern HS / Powder Springs, GA) – no P5 offers yet

Wide Receiver CHRISTIAN FORD (Roswell HS / Roswell, GA) – P5 offers from Wake Forest, Virginia Tech and Illinois.

Offensive Lineman JOVAUGHN GWYN (Harding HS / Charlotte, NC) – P5 offers from Wake Forest, Duke and NC State.

Offensive Lineman MIKE EDWARDS (South View HS / Hope Mills, NC) – P5 offers from Wake Forest, Maryland, NC State and UNC

Tight end BEN BRESNAHAN (West Forsyth HS / Cumming, GA) – Wake Forest is his first P5 offer.

That makes 12 visitors that have tweeted that they attended. 5 from Georgia. 4 from South Carolina. 2 from North Carolina. 1 from Virginia.

https://www.seccountry.com/south-ca...ting-2018-ol-jovaughn-gwyn-wrestling-decision

https://247sports.com/Player/Mike-Edwards-94047

Last edited:
Back