• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I mostly remember the huge 1st down he got with great extra effort in the WF-GT ACC championship game.

Yeah. Good poster.

2018 Wake Forest Football Recruiting Thread

Stopped posting after his kid graduated. He was a good guy. We met at a tailgate or two and texted off the boards. He stopped keeping in touch when he took issue with my stance on Lobo. If I remember correctly, he wasn't too pleased with Lobo himself as Mike got yanked around the lineup.

Stopped posting after his kid graduated. He was a good guy. We met at a tailgate or two and texted off the boards. He stopped keeping in touch when he took issue with my stance on Lobo. If I remember correctly, he wasn't too pleased with Lobo himself as Mike got yanked around the lineup.

Yeah- he was a staunch Lobo defender until he wasn't.

Kelijiha Brown committed to Wake. DT. Very big deal. 5.7 3-star on Rivals. Clean win over South Carolina for a kid from South Carolina. Huge, huge get.

Rivals #23 DT in the country. The South Carolina 247 writer had Crystal Ball'd him to the Gamecocks just last week.

Last edited:
I've said it before but the development of our DL the last three years is insane. Looks like we've had some big wins on the recruiting trail there too. Never would have pictured Wake as DL U.

Saluda DL: Wake Forest-South Carolina choice ‘very difficult’

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...ecruiting/phil-kornblut/article136289033.html

Here's an article about Brown posted about 2 weeks ago. Very impressive.

Here's an interview with him and his coach about how SC was the first to offer.
http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...th-carolina/usc-football/article91030447.html

More about his decision:
https://www.seccountry.com/south-ca...star-dt-kelijiha-brown-nearing-commitment-day

The 6-foot-3, 305-pound prospect shared thoughts on each of the two finalists:
South Carolina: “It’s home. I have a lot of support, as far as close friends and family. (They) would be able to make it to my games easily. South Carolina is on the rise. And it would mean a lot to me because they’re the state where I’m from, South Carolina. South Carolina has a good coaching staff, good weight-room program, and everything is on the uprise down there.”

Wake Forest: “I love Wake. The campus, my surroundings would be good. Wake is more like an educational thing. I’d look at my education. And they’re in the ACC. South Carolina is in the SEC. ACC and the SEC are two of the best conferences in the NCAA right now. But Wake Forest, they’re on the uprise. They just show a lot of love and made me feel wanted, a place that makes me feel like I’m needed.”

Brown doesn’t think he’ll make any sort of formal announcement at his school.

“I’m not one of those guys who likes a lot of attention,” he said. “By me doing it at the school, it will get a lot of attention. I mean, because I play football, I’m kind of always in the spotlight.”

Among the 2018 prospects from the state of South Carolina, Brown is ranked No. 8 overall.

Colorado State and East Carolina also have offered.

This is a great get. This kid is from right outside of Columbia. South Carolina offered first and apparently was on him hard and we still got him.

Last edited:

He still visits....

Fantastic, fantastic news. Welcome to the family Kelijiha, and to the coaching staff - congrats!

Back