• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

For those who will be attending the 1A and 1AA State championship games at Carter Finley next Saturday, check out Mt. Airy (14-0) junior WR Donovan Greene. He has a WF offer and scored two long touchdowns in the state semi-final game last night. He’s big(6’3”),fast and can jump. I hope we get him.

For those who will be attending the 1A and 1AA State championship games at Carter Finley next Saturday, check out Mt. Airy (14-0) junior WR Donovan Greene. He has a WF offer and scored two long touchdowns in the state semi-final game last night. He’s big(6’3”),fast and can jump. I hope we get him.

It’s a shame the best player in the country got hurt two weeks ago, because he would be coming to Winston next weekend.

I don't remember who it was that was all about Jon Lamot in HS and how we should offer him. We never did, but that dude was right. Lamot balled out at BC this year

Not sure he has a Wake offer.
I’m going by hearsay in Mayberry. His father told someone, etc... Greene doesn’t get many touches because the MA QB is a much better runner than passer, but when he touches the ball it usually means a long TD. The guy can fly.

It’s a shame the best player in the country got hurt two weeks ago, because he would be coming to Winston next weekend.

#Scotlandhomer

But yeah, same here. Not much else positive going on in Scotland Co. these days, so I'm glad the football program is a rallying point.
Our folks in Laurinburg were just certain Zamir would end up a Hole, but if anything Scotland High has pretty much been NCSU territory for a number of years; last WFU guy I recall was Jamie Deese.

#Scotlandhomer

But yeah, same here. Not much else positive going on in Scotland Co. these days, so I'm glad the football program is a rallying point.
Our folks in Laurinburg were just certain Zamir would end up a Hole, but if anything Scotland High has pretty much been NCSU territory for a number of years; last WFU guy I recall was Jamie Deese.

I was so glad he ended up at Georgia and not wasting away in baby blue.

#Scotlandhomer

Used to drive right by that stadium on the way to the beach before I started taking 74 instead of the shortcut. The home side stands are very large, made of concrete and have a red S painted on them IIRC. (Btw, does Ken Etheridge still live there?)

Last edited:
Used to drive right by that stadium on the way to the beach before I started taking 74 instead of the shortcut. The home side stands are very large, made of concrete and have a red S painted on them IIRC.

You are right.

Used to drive right by that stadium on the way to the beach before I started taking 74 instead of the shortcut. The home side stands are very large, made of concrete and have a red S painted on them IIRC. (Btw, does Ken Etheridge still live there?)

Assuming he's still on the top side of the grass, Ken Etheridge should be posted up on Forest Drive in the 'Burg.

I’m going by hearsay in Mayberry. His father told someone, etc... Greene doesn’t get many touches because the MA QB is a much better runner than passer, but when he touches the ball it usually means a long TD. The guy can fly.

You forgo the part where the QB is also the coaches son. Only going to do what helps him look solid.

#Scotlandhomer

Seeing Crouch vs. White in the championship would have been awesome. Hope Zamir comes back healthy and really glad he or someone close to him was smart enough to push him to UNC. Would have wasted away there as Fedora continues to point the program downward.

Any word on the big official visit weekend? Hope they were still there when the bowl was announced

The recruiting weekend went well. As Clawson just said, this season is helping or recruiting. In respect of the scout/247 paywall, I won’t say anything else.

Back