• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Very excited to have KB join the Deacs.
I know it's early, but I envision him as another Boo Robinson.

I was reading about him last week and thought SC would get him since he is from there. Looks like a great pickup!

We are doing really well in SC. Throw in Hope Mills and Charlotte as border territories and all our commits are from the area. Good to see. Lots of good players down that way.

I like his size. If the stats are true, he doesn't sound like our typical undersized recruit we have to grow into the position.

For the time being, I like that we can offer these high-3*/low-4* the opportunity to really shine at Wake. A lot of the guys in that range have tools that can be developed and make them pro prospects. I think it's nice that we have some positive momentum, and we can tell them they can come to LOWF and be the BMOC, get bigger/stronger/faster, and possibly make it to the next level while winning some games in the ACC.

This class will interesting for a number a reasons. It should be a small class, so you'd expect that the staff will have to be very selective. What has been previously mentioned is that it will be a test case for how well we can recruit coming off the bowl win. But it's also a test case for the impact that the Sutton Sports Performance Center will have. Keep in mind that the staff can show renderings to the 2018 class and tell them that it will be open from the very first day that they arrive on campus (or at least for fall semester). That's big. Should be interesting to watch.

I haven't been paying very close attention to this cycle yet, but I'll be diving in soon. Last year Wake got very few commitments from offers made before mid-March, but so far it seems like that might be different this year. So I need to get back to it!

Last edited:
Any info on post-grads as it appears we have a couple available scholarships for the fall.

Rivals article on Brown.
https://wakeforest.rivals.com/news/commit-4-for-wake-forest

I like his size. If the stats are true, he doesn't sound like our typical undersized recruit we have to grow into the position.

Rivals has him as the #4 recruit in SC. That's the area where usually only elite programs will poach from Clemson or USC. Well done.

I love this guy. He's got he's head on straight and is gonna be nasty on the field. Well spoken.

Scout says his strengths are athleticism and quickness off the ball. Weaknesses are pad level and technique.

So, you're saying he possesses the things that can't be taught and needs to work on the things that can? Yeah, I'll take that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a heartbeat. This kid won't step on the field for 2 1/2 years.

If he addresses those weakness in 18 months, that's great.

Any info on post-grads as it appears we have a couple available scholarships for the fall.

An article was published a while back saying that Wake was going to get an OV from a post-grad CB from Clemson (Adrian Baker). But he was going to make five official visits. Other than that I haven't seen anything.

Back