• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

But honestly, I have enjoyed lurking and will continue.. but many good points made on this recent tack on this thread.

I tend toward Ph’s results driven take and think that is clearly most important.. yet I also feel Wake fans (you guys) deserve to be pumped up about the guys on the big board. For instance it is easy to forget that D Gordon was rated a 4 Star when he committed. The only thing that has changed is his status - not his capacity as a ball player - and only since committing to Wake

So you guys should be really enthused to have 2 OT’s with this size and skill - 6’6 & 290 are Gordon’s current measurables

Time off did you good, lectro. Welcome back. :golfclap:

...as for the current year I’d look at Ryan Smenda. Smenda is a true all around football player. He can punt,he can carry the ball,return kicks, whatever— — some of his game stats this season are of the do-everything variety. One thing is he’s grown physically over the last year and in local reporting he’s now listed at 6’3-225. Fisher at A&M is not offering to give the Bowl Game another story-line :) This is a kid who first off wanted to get of Florida and then grew into a bigger school prospect. WF is gonna have to fight for him but he just seems like a Wake Forest guy to my mind..so I am hoping but do feel that the Staff will fend off late suitors for this kid.

Welcome back Lectro, while I don't always agree with your analysis of some of the recruits, I think you are a valuable resource to have. People need to understand your positive perspective and weigh your opinions accordingly with a dash of realism, but certainly with anticipation for your evaluations

Welcome back Lectro, while I don't always agree with your analysis of some of the recruits, I think you are a valuable resource to have. People need to understand your positive perspective and weigh your opinions accordingly with a dash of realism, but certainly with anticipation for your evaluations

I like his irrational exuberance and optimism

Yeah. It's fine when things are obviously going well. Annoying when things obviously aren't like the end of the Grobe era.

At the end of the day, winning is all that matters. If you aren't winning, you are living on borrowed time.

There can be differing degrees of what is acceptable winning at different schools, and differing degrees on the amount of borrowed time you have.

Big Mike Edwards received the lone N.C. Team accolade on day one (from the official Shrine fb Page)

The only guy thus far who has been able to block AA DT Rick Sandidge.

Edwards is clearly one of the top 7-8 players in North Carolina but when you commit early to Wake...

4 Star player with 5 Star potential — 6’6.5 and 345

Thanks, hope you are back for more comments to follow.

Offers from Duke and MD as a junior. Y'all happy?

6'6", 270? Yes please. Country Day is a great school as well. Wake should be able to snag a lot of the NC private school talent. Duke and UNC have gotten most of it in recent years, from my memory. Well, other than our success at Davidson Day, who no longer even has a team.

6'6", 270? Yes please. Country Day is a great school as well. Wake should be able to snag a lot of the NC private school talent. Duke and UNC have gotten most of it in recent years, from my memory. Well, other than our success at Davidson Day, who no longer even has a team.

Been saying for years that Wake should do well with private school kids who would be familiar with the environment at Wake.

Back