• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I would assume that everybody is going to try to lock up as many guys as possible.

I think it would give us a big leg up, and also allow us to focus on guys who aren't 100% committed to their school yet. I think this early period really favors Wake vs. bigger schools.

I agree. I'm excited about it.

I would assume that everybody is going to try to lock up as many guys as possible.

I think it would give us a big leg up, and also allow us to focus on guys who aren't 100% committed to their school yet. I think this early period really favors Wake vs. bigger schools.

seems like pretty much everyone that is committed to any program already is signing in the early signing period, which really surprises me. I figured the higher rated guys would hold out and keep their leverage (in case of coaching changes etc) but it doesn't sound like the case.

seems like pretty much everyone that is committed to any program already is signing in the early signing period, which really surprises me. I figured the higher rated guys would hold out and keep their leverage (in case of coaching changes etc) but it doesn't sound like the case.

That's surprising to me as well. I thought that would give Wake an edge over bigger programs.

I do expect nearly everybody to go ahead and sign with us out of the 21 guys we have committed currently

Isn't this the first year of an early signing period?
If someone doesn't sign, is that a sign of hesitation and might we be open to consider someone else should we foresee a hot prospect?

Last edited:
From a players standpoint- they find out whether a program wants them or not- if a coach puts them off if they want to sign they know they are not a priority. On the other hand- if you are a commitment and don't sign early you are clearly looking around and an unstable commit at best and one would thionk your offer is at risk. Eventually this system may slow down some of the myriad number of offers and delay the early commits from kids who really are uncertain. A lot bridges could get burned. Be interesting to see how this falls out tomorrow and into February.

It takes a few years for linemen to go from boys to men (unintentional 90s R&B reference), but it sure looks like we have two DTs coming in that should have all the physical tools to compete in a couple of years!

So how is NSD going around the country? Any major surprises? Any players not signing?

Micah Parsons de-committed from PSU a while back then surprisingly signed to PSU this am.

Kenneth Dicks and Isaiah issac are the only ones who have not turned in their LOI

Micah Parsons de-committed from PSU a while back then surprisingly signed to PSU this am.

Less surprising when he wanted to commit to ohio state but they had recruiting violation on his official visit and so he couldn't sign with them.

Back