• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

We are talking about grad transfers after all.

If they had no flaws, they would: a) be headed to the league, b) not likely to leave the program if they are major contributors. Typically, grad transfers have some skills to be intriguing, but also have some issues that kept them from being the player may not see, but the coaches do.

This is a pretty good grab by the staff. I would expect him to start at one of the corner spots if he is healthy and have Bassey/Henderson battle it out for the other starting spot.

Respectfully 27, know we're razor thin at CB and certainly trust Clawson's eye but I'm just reluctant to auto him as a starter. I think there's a " well he played for MSU so he's got to be good " assumption. In that vid he didn't score going away and MSU's 2016 stats on him look rather pedestrian. He is jacked though so hopefully he's a hitter. May be starter by default....we'll see.

Respectfully 27, know we're razor thin at CB and certainly trust Clawson's eye but I'm just reluctant to auto him as a starter. I think there's a " well he played for MSU so he's got to be good " assumption. In that vid he didn't score going away and MSU's 2016 stats on him look rather pedestrian. He is jacked though so hopefully he's a hitter. May be starter by default....we'll see.

I don't think we would be bringing in the guy if we didn't plan on starting him. CB is one of our weakest/youngest positions too.

I think it's more of a "well he's 23 years old in his 6th season of college football so he's got to be better than our young corners" assumption.

I think it's more of a "well he's 23 years old in his 6th season of college football so he's got to be better than our young corners" assumption.

Pretty logical and rational assumption......

No way a 6th year player picks a school he doesn't think he's starting for.

His pre-injury 4.3 40 time is impressive. Wonder what it would be now.

I think any experience helps and takes some pressure off of the young guys to perform. Haven't seen much film on him, but he looks like a decent bend-don't-break corner who can make open field tackles. Very limited video, but some limited coverage skills, but seems to recover decently enough.

1 PBU last season seems a bit weak.

I think any experience helps and takes some pressure off of the young guys to perform. Haven't seen much film on him, but he looks like a decent bend-don't-break corner who can make open field tackles. Very limited video, but some limited coverage skills, but seems to recover decently enough.

1 PBU last season seems a bit weak.

Maybe he shut his dudes down so much that they just didn't throw his way.

The DT grad transfer we had a few years back was pretty good.

Back