Page 406 of 406 FirstFirst ... 306356396401402403404405406
Results 8,101 to 8,109 of 8109

Thread: Wake Forest Football Recruiting

  1. #8101
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    siff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Duchy of Cabarrus
    Posts
    17,697

  2. #8102
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    His Illinois bio lists his major as recreation, sport and tourism. Maybe some of those early major course credits didn't transfer over to whatever he was planning to major in at Wake.
    https://fightingillini.com/sports/fo...shington/10226
    Those credits shouldn’t transfer to WF, but what difference does it make? He has a full ride until he graduates and he won’t be going to the NFL early. If he wants a WF degree, he has to earn it like everyone else.

  3. #8103
    Quote Originally Posted by wfu22fan View Post
    Those credits shouldn’t transfer to WF, but what difference does it make? He has a full ride until he graduates and he won’t be going to the NFL early. If he wants a WF degree, he has to earn it like everyone else.
    He needs to have enough credits for Wake to show his academic status at least as far along as the NCAA has his eligibility. For example, if he has two years of eligibility used, then he would need enough good credits so Wake would classify him as st least a junior. If Wake didn't recognize enough credits, then he would be academically ineligible.

  4. #8104
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    He needs to have enough credits for Wake to show his academic status at least as far along as the NCAA has his eligibility. For example, if he has two years of eligibility used, then he would need enough good credits so Wake would classify him as st least a junior. If Wake didn't recognize enough credits, then he would be academically ineligible.
    Then just recognize them as elective hours. He'll still have to take the right classes to graduate but this way there's no eligibility issues.

  5. #8105
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Then just recognize them as elective hours. He'll still have to take the right classes to graduate but this way there's no eligibility issues.
    It's not elective vs required. It is recognized credits period. Wake simply does not accept many courses at other colleges as creditable in any way shape type or form towards a Wake Forest degree.

    Wake is one of the most restrictive colleges with respect to accepting credits earned at other institutions. It is Wake's right to do so, but hurts athletics, in the case of this football player, but more importantly, in the cases of many Junior College baseball players who Wake baseball cannot get admitted to Wake. Hence, Wake cuts itself off from a large pool of talented college baseball players.

  6. #8106

    Wake Forest Football Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    It's not elective vs required. It is recognized credits period. Wake simply does not accept many courses at other colleges as creditable in any way shape type or form towards a Wake Forest degree.

    Wake is one of the most restrictive colleges with respect to accepting credits earned at other institutions. It is Wake's right to do so, but hurts athletics, in the case of this football player, but more importantly, in the cases of many Junior College baseball players who Wake baseball cannot get admitted to Wake. Hence, Wake cuts itself off from a large pool of talented college baseball players.
    For a school that charges what it does, it would be nice if they’d have some flexibility on this issue to make it more affordable.
    Last edited by DeaconCav06; 04-02-2021 at 02:18 PM.
    Hungry

  7. #8107
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    For a school that charges what it does, it would be nice if they’d have some flexibility on this issue to make it more affordable.
    ????? What does flexibility on credits have to do with cost affordability??

  8. #8108
    Quote Originally Posted by NewBernDeac View Post
    ????? What does flexibility on credits have to do with cost affordability??
    It allows kids to go home and take summer school classes at their local public schools to save money on tuition to Wake.

    It’s not applicable to football recruiting (but in partial scholarship sports like baseball it would).
    Hungry

  9. #8109
    Quote Originally Posted by NewBernDeac View Post
    ????? What does flexibility on credits have to do with cost affordability??
    Wake doesn't accept most credits from JuCos.

    Wake credits cost more than JuCo credits.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •