• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

94 - thrilled to see you post again. Couldn't you start a 2020 thread to separate from this one? Please!!

The grandfather is the former Redskin Head Coach and the Alabama transfer is his brother. Gonzaga consistently has one of the better teams in the DMV, though it has fallen behind St. John's and Dematha in terms of prospects. And yes Hondo, 4 of the 5 offensive linemen are likely to be on D-1 roster's next year.

Great get, high ceiling, Go deacs.

Thanks TC....that's one of the more physically imposing OL's I've seen in awhile.

Probably helped to have Jake Galli on the roster. Galli is a preferred walk-on LB who red-shirted last year. He was a Gonzaga captain the year before and Petitbon's HS teammate. Clawson does right by his players and that pays off down the road.

Another activity that will pay off in the future is the coaches clinic. Getting some personal attention from Clawson may help them think more fondly of Wake when looking for places to send their better players.

Another activity that will pay off in the future is the coaches clinic. Getting some personal attention from Clawson may help them think more fondly of Wake when looking for places to send their better players.

Absolutely

Tyler Venables (son of Brent) tweeted the following yesterday: Extremely honored to say I’ve been offered a scholarship by Wake Forest University! @coachhemp @CoachClawson

Tyler Venables (son of Brent) tweeted the following yesterday: Extremely honored to say I’ve been offered a scholarship by Wake Forest University! @coachhemp @CoachClawson

Interesting

Saw Justin Strnad at breakfast in a walking boot. Not sure if its common knowledge or not but I hadn’t heard he was injured.

Would expect him to be a lock for wherever his father is coaching. Can't imagine Wake even offering without some expectation of him accepting. Veeeerrrry interesting.

Would expect him to be a lock for wherever his father is coaching. Can't imagine Wake even offering without some expectation of him accepting. Veeeerrrry interesting.

Not necessarily. Maybe he wants to play outside of his dads shadow.

Or maybe we just offered a 3* from SC which I’m sure we’ve done many times.

Maybe he does not want to be pulling on his dad's belt loops to pull him back outside the field of play. Probably has done a lifetime's worth of that already.

Maybe he does not want to be pulling on his dad's belt loops to pull him back outside the field of play. Probably has done a lifetime's worth of that already.

I thought there was another assistant already assigned that job.

Exactly. Realizes he is a 3star who will not play at Clemson but wants to play for a quality coach where he can get a great education. Sounds like a smart kid.

FWIW, Vince Dooley and Bill Curry's sons both played at UVA in the 80's.

FWIW, Vince Dooley and Bill Curry's sons both played at UVA in the 80's.

Vince Dooley, Derek Dooley's father coached in the SEC (Geogia) and Bill Curry likewise (Alabama) when Bill Jr and Derek were at UVA. Thus not likely for the sons to play against their father's teams.

If young Venable goes to Wake, his team would be playing against his father's team annually.

Back