• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I bet we've had more than 6 recruits who've been rated 4* by one service. Unanimous 4* more rare of course.

Out of the many football coaches over the past 40 years, Dave Clawson is the most Wake Forest type person we’ve had on so many levels. That helps him in recruiting. Players and parents easily sense what Wake Forest is all about after spending a small amount of time with Dave Clawson. With fewer complications he can achieve as much or more and have more fun doing it at Wake Forest than most other schools.

I wonder if the new red shirt rule is playing a role in our recruiting. Clawson can promise the opportunity to play immediately and possibly earn a starting position early. Of course anyone can promise that, but it is not so believable as at WF perhaps.

Last edited:
Welcome Shamar! Congrats Claw! Another tool for Cohen's toolbox.

Another massive pickup. This kid is an absolute beast off the edge. Extremely quick, explosive and athletic. Was highly sought after and we will have to continue to fight off multiple programs to keep him. At the rivals 5 star challenge, many were calling him the MVP of the first part of the day. Great job by the coaching staff!

When the time comes that bigger programs come after Coach Clawson, I hope we make his decision a hard one. We can't offer a lot of things that a huge factory can offer, but we can and should make money a non-factor. This man is killing it. He and his assistants should be compensated accordingly.

Gotta love those players coming out of Dillon. Coach Eric Taylor is a real leader of men, as he always says Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. Go Panthers.

As I've commented, breaking the ice with 1 or 2 4-star recruits enhances your ability to secure more of them. The big dogs like to see other other big dogs on the team they choose.

just don't let him do summer school, amirite? probably should just have him skip class altogether to be safe

When the time comes that bigger programs come after Coach Clawson, I hope we make his decision a hard one. We can't offer a lot of things that a huge factory can offer, but we can and should make money a non-factor. This man is killing it. He and his assistants should be compensated accordingly.

About 6 months ago I read an article on ACC coaches compensation that indicated Clawson was second to last ( AIR, just under $2 million ). This was just before him getting the 4-year extension.

Anyone know what he is now making annually ? If not $2.8 million + it would be shameful.

Back