• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Kyle Driscoll got to play a series at today's spring game and completed a pass. Had another one dropped by the RB coming out of the backfield.

It’s still hard to tell which recruits are emerging as top targets for Wake. Obviously TE Ben Bresnahan is one. Safety Peyton Woulard is another. He made a return trip to Wake for the Spring Game yesterday. Here are my notes:

PEYTON WOULARD (Collins Hill HS / Suwanee, GA)

Rivals Rating: 3-star (5.5) / #78 overall recruit in Georgia

247 Rating: 3-star / #64 overall recruit in Georgia / #54 safety in the country

Other P5 Offers: Duke, Kentucky (very recent), Vanderbilt, Virginia, Minnesota, Boston College, Iowa State, and Purdue.

Official Measures from The Opening Regionals: 6’0.5 /168. 4.83 40. 4.32 shuttle. 32 inch vertical.

Notes: Has named Duke and Wake as his top 2, but also has said a number of positive things about Vanderbilt. Wake was the first P5 school to offer (May 2016). Visited Wake in February and again for the Spring Game. Also visited UNC (September), Kentucky (January), Duke (February) and Vanderbilt (March). Academics will be an important factor in his recruitment. First team all-region in 7A (Georgia’s largest classification). Participated in Georgia’s Elite Junior Classic all-star game. There is one Crystal Ball prediction for Woulard to Kentucky.

It was great to see so many 2017 signees at the Spring Game yesterday. It's possible that they were all there, but I'm not positive on that. Waydale made the trip from Beeville, TX.

Ian and Kyle Driscoll are brothers. Both preferred walk ons. Kyle is a redshirt junior and loves wake forest. He contributes wherever he can as QB. He is a veteran and works his butt off with his team. He is the glue that keeps the QBs together. You may not see him on the field but he is smart, a solid athlete and has a great arm. He works well with his fellow QBs and coaches. He is smart and confident. He also pitched and played outfield (baseball) in high school, still loves the game. Ian is Kyle's younger brother. Ian plays basketball, lacrosse and football. He was hurt with a groin injury his senior year which kept him in and out of games. He went on to prep school as a PG to play football, basketball and lacrosse in New Hampshire. Although not as big as his older brother, he is fast, scrappy and has a good arm. His is a very athletic kid with tough skin. He also has plenty potential to grow, become faster and stronger. He has great work ethic and will do whatever he needs to in order to help Wake Forest Football. His is in all honors, AP, and is a scholar athlete. They both attended Kellenberg Memorial High School. The CHSFL is a competitive League as you will see several kids (not many) playing d1 football. Some of the Catholic New York City Schools, have sent players to D1 programs. Staten Island St. Joes By The Sea and St Peters. One or two public high schools also. Sometimes Fordham Prep in the Bronx, Stepinac, Iona, Chaminade, St. Anthony's. There are a few every year, maybe every other year. Long Island usually fields great lacrosse teams, baseball, and city basketball. Football not as many but will play in D2, D3 division programs. However, you will find good football programs in a lot of the schools and come across good players that do make it to division 1 schools with scholarship. Off the top of my head Syracuse and Rutgers (logically). There are more. Just have to look on the rosters of D1 programs and Long Island kids are scattered here and there. The West Point young man who passed away was from St Francis Prep. I believe Army has some Long Island kids. New Jersey Catholic League is a step up from New York. They have good football. However we are not known (obviously) as a recruiters field of dreams. Wish wake would go D1 in lacrosse. With all the Long Island talent that plays at Duke and UNC, we would have a great rivalry and boy oh boy, another reason to kick their butts!

Many of us agree with you.

It was great to see so many 2017 signees at the Spring Game yesterday. It's possible that they were all there, but I'm not positive on that. Waydale made the trip from Beeville, TX.

Obviously none of these guys were flying Delta this weekend.

Barton Simmons just gave a crystall ball for Woulard to Wake!

Simmons has been VERY accurate in the past with his Wake Crystal Balls. I suspect that he has a very good source.

Acoording to a Cohen tweet someone just committed. Peyton Woulard. Whoa BIG TIME COMMIT!!

Last edited:

https://n.rivals.com/news/wake-forest-lands-georgia-db-peyton-woulard

Duke and Vanderbilt finished two and three on Woulard's list. He thought about committing to Wake Forest the night of his prom a few weeks ago, but he wanted to take one more visit to Winston-Salem (N.C.).
"I had a black and gold tuxedo for prom and I really thought about committing that night, but I held off. After my second visit a while back I kind of knew I wanted to go to Wake Forest, but the third visit did it.
"I like the coaches, I like where the football program is headed, I like the academics and I like how there are all types of people on campus. I like how everyone interacts and that really stood out to me."

Love the prom bit and I really love being Vandy and Duke. Some bad news at the end of the article in that he plans take visits and continue the recruiting process.

We are the #30 class on Rivals and #20 on 247. We had 2 players in the 2017 class rated .850 or higher on 247 (Allen and Burley). We already have 4 players rated .850 or higher in the 2018 class (QB Hartman, DT Brown, S Woulard, and OT Edwards).

Last edited:
When did this kid visit that he thinks there are "all types of people on campus"? I wouldn't even say there are all types of North Face fleece jackets on campus, or all types of Clark's Wallabees on campus.

Back