• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Ha. Lectro knows better than Clawson.
Protect the quarterback from a shellacking? Yeah, I’m sure that instills confidence when you pull the starting quarterback because “this opponent is actually good.” Great message to the entire team.
Now Sam knows the level we expect to reach. He’s better for that experience.

Stick to Tobacco Road. You don’t know shit about football

I couldn't disagree any more with the assertion.

Clawson and his staff don't look at star ratings to evaluate players. They take in-person, live evaluation over almost everything. That's why you see so many players get offers either during or right after Wake camps. Now, sometimes star ratings come along with offers, and a lot of other schools come calling after a Wake offer (or commitment).

The current Wake staff would have preferred the tight end that they evaluated higher, regardless of star rating.

Lectro the talent scout:

...and into the breach he goes.

In keeping...Ol' Lec, of course, is BUZZ - FuGGin -IN!. -- TM

Coach [Redacted]'s 8 player class will one day be seen in the same light as Kryzooski's class of Henderson, Dawkins, Alarie, Bilas and Jackman.

Dawkins was spectacular and stands above the other players from both classes...Miller-Mac is the only potential challenger to be a college elite -- although Devin may become a board menace the likes of Buck Williams as far as number crunching. I definitely see a baseline average of 13 pts and 11 boards for the big man. It will certainly help out when Green returns to join him in a bigger front court. Green is progressing nicely. He has been too aggressive in his rehab --as David Glenn has reported. He is hard working guy who just needs to hang with McClinton and get both guys completely healed before trying to do too much too fast.

Miller-Mac is the leader of the team -- along with the Jimmy Blackesque, Madison Jones. Jones is a cerebral kid out of Ravenscroft (why scouts discounted him) who has the knack for running a team,playing spot on D and finding his shooters in the right position. His athleticism, smarts and long arms are the makings for yet another excellent full court defender in Buzz's scheme.

Miller-Mac has worked really hard and has a league body. He can take the ball to the rack... has had an excellent S&C offseason... He has traded out some fat for lean and looks like he's becoming that physical go-to Guard . An excellent combo G who can slide when Jones enters to full court press and push the ball.

Rountree is the flag waver...the defenseman, stopper, all around enthused and energizing player who infuses a team. The poor man's Stacy Augmon is on par with flag wavers like M.L. Carr. He may never average more than 7 pts a game but he will nearly always have 3 steals , 2 blocks, 4 assists and 7 rebounds --- or some such stat line -- to go with it.

Moto is your Robert Brickey...Moto is built more like Rodney Rogers but does not have anything close to the scoring upside. Instead he posseses the same qualities as the Fayetteville sleeper, Brickey. Arnaud is an up tempo player who will excel in the press/trap scheme [Redacted] will employ. Moto can finish on the break, has an incredible 7'1" wingspan with hops...so, he is going to cause problems when breaking on an errant pass -- such as when 2 of your point men of the full court press have a guy behind the time-line -- more specifically I am saying " when Rountree and either of the 3 - Coron (over 100 steals at Bob Morris), Mad, or Mac get a man cornered.

Thomas is your back line...certainly Green has the attributes as well. For the beginning of the year Devin will be your backstop. He has all the qualities you like in a true Garbage player...nothing demeaning, he just has that useful awkward intensity that players from Anthony Mason to Charles Oakley possesed. Devin can make a basket out of a hot mess...he has that ability to come out of the scrum, scoop the ball and aggressively head for the rim. Outstanding young "hustle-player".

More BuZzIn Education coming soon!!

I'm not sure what film you have seen of Cameron but he is a better thrower and runner than Morris.

Better QB prospect.

Morris is what Alabama likes... a manager who can hand the ball off to the stable and complete 12 of 17 on mostly dink and dunk with an occasional rainbow launched to whatever guy they have impersonating Julio Jones at the time.

Tyler Cameron is a playmaker.

In my analysis Lewinson bears strong physical resemblance to FSU great Ron Simmons. Ron was a 6'1-240 lb. NG and extremely strong guy with equal quickness.

Shelldon is a special prospect. He is exceptionally strong for a kid his age (440 lb bench) and has a lower body to match. He and Tyler Harris are 2 of the most naturally gifted guys the Deacons have gotten on the interior line. Harris is a bull with a barrel chest and an SEC frame. Fast and athletic he should continue his recuperation in 2012 and be ready to join Lewinson and Banks as the three mature in their careers.

Josh Banks has received some of the same commentary once reserved for Aaron Curry. The coaches could not figure out why other name-teams had not been all over him -- basically, Clem., Va Tech, UNC among regionals. The guys definitely feel like they "stole one" in North Carolina.

Future appears pretty bright on the future DL when you mix these guys with emerging talents like Johnny Garcia, G.P. Offor and Desmond Floyd...

I expect we will land somewhere around 15 or 16.

I don't expect (at all!) Frank Souza or Quan Rucker to be moving on.

Frank has been impressive in his brief stint and he and Booi would have been offered by Alabama had they not been determined to make it as DT's. Word has Frank at a beefy 310 -- what Lobotzke calls a "dancing bear" at LT.

Quan went through a series of early career injuries -- nothing major, just enough to keep him out. He is a lot like Kenny Moore with regards ability and how he has matriculated thus far...

Don't sleep on Juniors at Wake Forest...that's why I have been pointing to this season for the last 3 years. We have an assload of ballplayers getting ready to step out into the light!

I'm close to finishing the "Thread of Threads" and lads, let me tell :"The ORACLE has come down from the Mountain with the "Vision" of an ACC Championship in 2012 ... "THIS IS THE YEAR!"

Now is the Time.

We have a number of guys getting ready to break into "Bonafide Star" status...

4 guys on Defense will vie for ALL-AMERICA Honors:

Whitlock (5'9.5 - 267) NT
Olson (6'3-247) ILB
Jackson (6'1.5-227) OLB
Noel. (5'10-185) CB

Those 4 will be variously listed among the top 4 compilation of Postseason All-America squads - It Has Been Seen!

A.J. Marshall will vie for one of the top 3 All Conference squads along with Kevin Johnson @ CB.

We are on the verge of witnessing the best Defense yet compiled under Jim Grobe. Better than any that has come before.

Tanner is a very high ceiling IQ guy -- on and off gridiron -- but he has a football IQ that may well place him among the top 5-6 college QB's by the time he graduates. He certainly has the size, poise, arm strength and accuracy -- he is still young compared to his peers yet has equaled the development of a Glennon or Renner. This guy will pass both of those guys' reputations in this campaign.

Observations:

Definitely want both big backs and neither is a secret to the other...

Ryan Janvion is doing stellar work as a recruiter.

Both backs are impressed with the size and potential of Hime's recruits. They like him and the attitude of the guys he's bringing in --

Both backs see a slew of young OL at WF. Probably the best 2-3 year period for Grobe.

Dom Gibson is helluva prospect -- 5'10.5 and 215 pounds -- he could play multiple positions. I expect him to have an impact on Will. Also, Ryan Janvion has been an ace as a host. Heckuva an athlete in his own right and a guy you could see wearing a headset someday.

[Sherman Ragland] has it all... just needs to be able to use both hands. Reminds me of Holt as an athlete in the developmental process of becoming a WR. Tory was called "Hands of Stone" (the old Duran refernce) his first two years at NCSU. He could not catch squat and he had no broken hand as an excuse. He responded by catching multiple hundreds of balls every day in practice. Never seen a guy work any harder and he has influenced a slew of ACC WR's from Scotty Montgomery @ Duke to Kenny Moore. The "in the box drills" designed by Mike O'Cain should be required training...I'd have Sherman eating, sleeping film footage of Holt from his early days at NCSU till his 5 TD outburst against FSU to his heady days with the Rams.

I love, love the Armstrong pickup...electric ballplayer and you better be 'somebody' to take a "Mike Campanaro's" spot when he's gone...I like the sound and damn sure like the footage of a "Johnny Armstrong" --little bad ass all-around-I-have-played -all-my-life sraight up Baller with bloodlines!

Always enjoyable to watch the lectro disciples lap up the bullshit and convince themselves it's chocolate.

Always enjoyable to watch the lectro disciples lap up the bullshit and convince themselves it's chocolate.

Ease up on Hannibal Lectro. I enjoy his optimism much more than all the negative nancies pissing on our bball team.

I try to stay away from sweets. Just enjoy reading something other than chicken little for the 200th time.

So, you like the chocolate.

Here's a little lec style basketball chocolate for you:

Hoard has the makings of a young Shaq and Duncan, with a little LeBron in the mix. He shares a shoe size and tenacious work ethic with some of the all time greats...a real throwback in that regard. He's going to reset every record at Wake Forest. If it's possible to have a 5-star sleeper, we have one in Hoard. Little Chill has been watching his dad's tapes from the ACC tournament and has every ability to be just as good. He's going to open some eyes this year now that the focus is on him. Manning is a winner, he knows how to win. He's been sitting back and observing the league for four years. He finally has all of his pieces in place to take the ACC, and nation, by storm. You heard it right here moofuggers.

And now back to your regularly scheduled football reciting posts...

Last edited:
I try to stay away from sweets. Just enjoy reading something other than chicken little for the 200th time.

I agree. Lectro went off the deep end, especially on the politics forum, and needed to have his bubble burst when he's puffing his chest over here, but when he was actually discussing football and recruiting I'd much rather read his posts than those of someone like RacerDeac, who is not only miserable but feels the need to make everyone else around him equally miserable.

Lectro partially fills the void left by '94. I really miss his analysis and posts on FB recruiting. Kept us going during the dark first 2 years of Clawson, and was a lot of fun to read. Not sure what happened, but do miss his posts.

Lectro partially fills the void left by '94. I really miss his analysis and posts on FB recruiting. Kept us going during the dark first 2 years of Clawson, and was a lot of fun to read. Not sure what happened, but do miss his posts.

What happened to 94Deac? Honestly until I just read your post, I hadn't thought about not seeing him post in a long time.

No, he didn't. 94 knew what he was talking about. Lectro was and is full of shit.

He used to make the same posts on the UNC boards 10-15 years ago until they ran him off.

David Amos -Wide Receiver, Hickory, NC?

Anyone know our recruiting interest in this guy? He has only been playing football for two seasons. However, he is 6’6 and a good athlete. Also being recruited for basketball by some schools. Excellent student with interest from Ivy League schools as well. He was hosted at the Clemson game.

I have done some basic research, but I can’t find him on recruiting websites.

Need to recruit all new LBs and DBs. Are there still 7 defensive players worth offering for 2019?

Bassey and Henderson are decent corners. Taylor is not and shouldn’t see the field. We need better safeties, of course Masterson probably our 2nd best safety was playing MIKE LB today. How can Michael Allen not see the field even in mop up time and we’ve had plenty of that this year?

Need to recruit all new LBs and DBs. Are there still 7 defensive players worth offering for 2019?

We just need all the LBs we have to be healthy. I believe we had 3 out for the season before it even started. And then another handful have gone down during the season. I said this on the game thread, but I thought Masterson looked better as a LB than a S. Maybe rover could be a good spot for him. And for the person that said that Henderson is a good CB - not sure I buy that. He seems to be the master of giving a big cushion, and then totally whiffing on the tackle once his guy catches the ball. That happened multiple times today. Bassey is OK, but seems to be prone to one or two complete misses a game, and then it is pick your poison at the other CB spot. Throw in some safeties that are prone to totally blowing a play or two every so often, and you end up with a defense that gives up some big plays every game.

Really wish there was some recruiting news. Been awful quiet for over a month.

Back