• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

That's a pretty good rating for a PWO. Sure he is not getting a full scholarship?

Why would he give up Harvard to walk on at Wake Forest? He’s the #14 recruit in Kentucky. Has to be a scholarship athlete.

Could he qualify for an academic scholarship? Is this permissible?

That's a pretty good rating for a PWO. Sure he is not getting a full scholarship?

one thing to keep in mind is wake will is allowing wake to offer more grants to students. seems like we are getting more PWO then in the past and this may be the reason.

Yes, theh PWO activity this year seems to be much much higher.

Why would he give up Harvard to walk on at Wake Forest? He’s the #14 recruit in Kentucky. Has to be a scholarship athlete.

I can’t imagine how that conversation would have gone with my parents “Yes mom and dad, I am passing on a scholarship at Harvard and will instead walk on at Wake Forest.” Best of luck to Jackson, I don’t think my parents would have taken that too well. My sister did the opposite actually passed on a full ride to Chapel Hill so she could walk on at Princeton.

I can’t imagine how that conversation would have gone with my parents “Yes mom and dad, I am passing on a scholarship at Harvard and will instead walk on at Wake Forest.” Best of luck to Jackson, I don’t think my parents would have taken that too well. My sister did the opposite actually passed on a full ride to Chapel Hill so she could walk on at Princeton.

there are no athletic or academic scholarships at Harvard - he may have been given a need-based award as those are quite common at Harvard

Yes you are correct and we do not know if he was going to be receiving a need based scholarship so maybe it’s a wash financially for his family. Atta way to live up to your moniker.

Austin Gund was a 4-year starter at University of Richmond from 2011-2015. He did not overlap with Clawson there as Coach Clawson was gone by 2008 ...

Both commits in, and I think 2020 is might be all wrapped up. North Carolina has a ton of in-state talent in 2021, so winning the local recruiting battles will be key.

there are no athletic or academic scholarships at Harvard - he may have been given a need-based award as those are quite common at Harvard

So, what does it mean on the recruiting sites like 247Sports where that have a check by "offer" from Harvard. They only offer admission and 0 guarantee of $?

Gavin Holmes is a great get- light, fast and athletic. Light can be fixed. NOLA produces really good players- UVA picked a good one up for this class. Glad to see we are working the area.

Last edited:
Back