• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

He's not banned. He's been posting recently.

giphy.gif

Kern is accurate but in no way is ready to play QB in college. He needs to put on weight, especially muscle, he looks like he weighs less than the 168 he was listed at. Definitely recruited based on his potential if he can fill out. While he was generally a productive HS QB, he did have some horrible games including a 5 int game his senior year. Wake was his only power 5 offer.

Griffis is closer to 5'10 than he is 6'0. Coaches son, who became a starter his Sophomore year. Has spoken about modeling his game off of Trace McSorley, another Ashburn QB (though different HS). Makes guys miss in the pocket, though he rarely stays in the pocket to throw. He can make accurate throws on the run. Mechanics are lacking. The propensity to roll out of the pocket could be due to his height and ability to see downfield. More of a smart runner than he is fast. Fun QB to watch, and you get a Wolford vibe from him.

One thing to remember, Clark was also an early Wake commit until he started winning awards in camps, thats when Clemson and ND came calling.

Except in mop up duty I doubt Kern will ever see the field

Except in mop up duty I doubt Kern will ever see the field

Kern's shuttle time was 4.13 at one of the ESPN combines and Kenneth Dicks was 4.10 so he has the quickness for the RPO but definitely needs to get in the weight room and at the training table. Watching the little tape I did on him, his shiftiness and quickness stood out. The prior post about not having other P5 offers is true. Remember that Jessie Bates only had ONE offer total from Toledo, Phil Haynes had zero, Ryan Anderson had zero, Alex Bachman had zero. QB is much more exposed so less likely to be overlooked but Daniel Jones was a walk-on at Duke so it still happens. Will hope that Kerns was underrated and measures up. He may not have a shot for some time without injury with Hartman having 3 years to go without a redshirt.

Griffis just won MVP at a Rivals camp so hopefully he's more like the Kyler Murray 5" 10". I'm not saying he's anywhere close to comparable but that maybe he can play above his measurable height. Maryland, WV, UNC and Vandy offered him so they must have seen something that they liked. Maybe he'll have a growth spurt and come in at a whopping John Wolford 6 ft.

We've been "Karr Jacked". Kendall is heading to Crap-L Hill

I think this is a case where Frogge "jumped" on our offer before Karr and he went to unc since his spot was filled. I expect he is kicking himself for not committing soon enough .

I am a huge Clawson fan and believe his recruiting style fits Wake to a tee. I saw some irony in there but believe Kate was honest with our coaches and we moved on. Thrilled to have Frogge and we will see who turns out the better player over their careers.

I think this is a case where Frogge "jumped" on our offer before Karr and he went to unc since his spot was filled. I expect he is kicking himself for not committing soon enough .

Karr was an expected UNC-lean from the start. Much more likely that we heard his decision ahead of time, and told Frogge his offer was now committable.

I agree. Unc also just got commit from another stud TE in copenhaver. They are tearing it up on the recruiting trail this year unfortunately.

I agree. Unc also just got commit from another stud TE in copenhaver. They are tearing it up on the recruiting trail this year unfortunately.

The Mack Brown effect.
We joke about him, but he's doing a good job recruiting.

We need to make sure we take care of business on the field.

Back